Iowa gathering?

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by yotetrapper, Mar 3, 2007.

1. yotetrapper

yotetrapper New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I live right where IA, IL, and MO meet. I seen the IL and MO gatherings but they're both quite a trek for me. Was wondering if an IA one was in the works?

2. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Hi, you must be around the Keokuk area.
    I live in Quincy and would be interested in seeing some of the local BOC members get together.

Eric

3. yotetrapper

yotetrapper New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm actually a little more North than that. Right across from Burlington. I'd thought maybe we could get some people together and I read a post about hosting your own gathering but I didnt know if anyone would be interested or if anyone would be willing to help set it up?

4. primitive

primitive Member

State:
    Dav. Ia.
    NEW BOSTON, IL. Saturday, May 19, 2007. 1PM There will be signs all over town.

5. redwiskers

redwiskers New Member

State:
    iowa
    I'm in central Iowa but I would attend.

6. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Are you talking about a Illinois gathering? I think she was trying to get information on a Iowa gathering. Anyway,if they get an Iowa gathering together,and it's not too far away I sure would be interested in attending.BTW,Angie,welcome to the BOC. I just live about 35 miles south of Burlington,in Montrose, Iowa.
    Glenn

7. yotetrapper

yotetrapper New Member

State:
    Illinois
    IL, IA, MO i dont care just anywhere within 200 miles of here LOL. New Boston is right around the corner so am planning on attending that one. Montrose...that's the closest person I've found on here yet. Thanks everyone.

Angela

8. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    Us iowa members do not have anything on the burners as of yet, that I know of. but now would be a good time to start planning one.

9. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Heck I might just show up in New Boston. If nothin else but I'll bet there is gonna be one heck of a fish fry.
    BTW I'm from Mt Pleasant.
    Glenn used to be from here too.
    Hey Angela. Are you a professional cook?
    If so where?

10. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    We definitely need to have an Iowa gathering sometime soon. TheGavel and I will be in the des moines area and will be willing to do some traveling for good fishing. Lets get some ideas together!

11. yotetrapper

yotetrapper New Member

State:
    Illinois
    define professional? LOL No not professional dont think. Right now am cooking in a nursing home LOL. but have worked in a ton of different restaurants in NY before I moved here. i can cook bout anything but i aint no professional.

12. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Well folk's i started a thread in the gathering section about another iowa gathering but it had so much dust on it they droped it i planned last years gathering and we had a great time only about 6 or 7 of us showed up but we had fun im willing to help out it all depends on the time and where let's start throwing out some locations im all for where we went last year it was quiet and we did catch some cat's (not me) it was in Adel Iowa on the middle racoon ........ let's get started on the planning .....

13. SlowPoke

SlowPoke New Member

State:
    Iowa
    :eek:oooh: Hay sounds interresting. I would be willing to help out what i can Mikeskywalker. I think it would be a lot of funto camp out meet new people and all.Got my thumbs up Lets GO FOR IT!

14. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am up for anything...it would be nice to get one set up where we can actually get some boats in the water close to the camp ground......I was at the one in Adel last year, it was a good time but it wasn't set up very well for fishing. We need a place where we all can bring out boats and have a nice place to camp and meet and still sneak off and do a little fishing in the mean time. Any thoughts

15. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    There is a pretty good catfih lake in Kellog, Rock Creek it is a pretty good size lake no wake but that dont matter i've caught alot of nice sized cat's there and seen some pretty big one's caught by others, real nice campground real good shore fishing as well as boat's .........

16. yotetrapper

yotetrapper New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well I dont know what part of IA you all are from but over hear on the east side you got the Mississippi....can't find much better fishing than that.

17. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Welcome to the BOC Angela! Good to have you on board. And you are correct, the Miss is a hard river act to follow.
    I'm from central IA, 15 miles east of Des Moines. So Skywalkers suggestion of Rock Creek sounds good. Nice size lake, state park area I believe.

18. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Bring the STINK BAIT and BREAD

19. malardmachine

malardmachine New Member

State:
    muscatine IA
    i live in Muscatine IA and we have a lot of good catfish spots in this area. the good old Mississippi, cedar, and the Iowa. i do most of my fishing on the Mississippi. i have a Lot that i keep my motor home & boat just below lock 16. I think a get together is a good idea. I will be going to the new Boston one. Ma by ill get to talk to some of you in new Boston. And id like to say i have found a lot of good info on this site. And a lot of good post. looking forward to meeting all of you. And ma by doing some cat fishing with some of you :big_smile:

20. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Angie,
    I agree with you,about the Mississippi River. I've been trying to think where there is a campground right on the river. I'll have to do some more research on the campgrounds,because I don't think you can beat the Mississippi for a body of water to fish around the state of Iowa.
    Glenn