Iowa Fishing Reports?

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by Ahquabi_Master, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    I've been out fishing about 4 times now after the snow melt. Twice were on a little river and the other two were at a barely unfrozen lake. The sad part is that the only thing biting was a turtle. I was just curious to hear of any recent reports from you Iowans. I think the bite still isn't on in Indianola.

2. handgunhunter

handgunhunter New Member

State:
    iowa
    has anyone been out in southerniowa yet i am from oskaloosa

3. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    A friend of mine from Cedar Rapids came down today,and me and him went fishing on the Mississippi River. Pretty good day for my first day out this year,21 fish caught for a total weight of 122#,with big fish of 10#x3. I think this was my buddy's 2nd time out this year. Their biting if you can find them and have the right bait.

4. oldstylelight

oldstylelight New Member

State:
    LeClaire, ia
    this weekend me and some guys got into a fair amount of fish.. sat and sunday a total of 49 cats, but not too many "nice" ones. i am trying to attach a pic of the biggest one. all on the mighty miss around here. the pic is of my fishin buddy and the best cat of the weekend. hope it works.

Attached Files:

5. frostycold1

frostycold1 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I wasn't as succesful as some others on here, went out during middle of day so that didn't help. Caught one 6 lb channel. Found shad all over the place , so I used it for bait and took a bunch home. Nothin' like free bait laying everywhere. Could probably tear it up over there at night.

6. Ahquabi_Master

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Well I hope the water is warming up quickly enough here. I'm trying to go out to the main lake here every chance I get so I can watch the fish start snapping out of the ice-melt. Maybe I'll attack the Des Moines sometime this weekend. Keep up the reports when you get em!

7. handgunhunter

handgunhunter New Member

State:
    iowa
    :big_smile:
    i am wanting to try it this week end i went to red rock below the dam 2 weeksago and got some small cats nothen with any real size to it

8. g.kempf

g.kempf New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have hit a couple farm ponds caught one on a dead bluegill, I havent hit the skunk yet it's pretty high and really flowing everytime I get a chance.

9. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I fished with a friend at Sun Valley on 3/24/07 and this time around did not get a bite. Water was still quite chilly.

10. handgunhunter

handgunhunter New Member

State:
    iowa
    thanks for the update everyone

11. Ahquabi_Master

State:
    WDM Iowa
    the weather is warming up (slooooooowlyyyyy) so hopefully soon the water will warm up. i'm so ready to get into some flatties.

12. Ahquabi_Master

State:
    WDM Iowa
    or not...this weather is no fun :(

13. Icebox33

Icebox33 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    No doubt...SNOW!!!??? triple ugghhh

14. Ahquabi_Master

State:
    WDM Iowa
    we were officially teased a few weeks ago. i'm not a very happy person right now.

15. chimp

chimp New Member

State:
    iowa
    Has anybody been been catching anything around central Iowa?

16. Ahquabi_Master

State:
    WDM Iowa
    I just caught two 2lb channels today out at a small river south of des moines. the water temp was about 59 degrees. I can't wait for it to warm up a little more.

17. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Chimp it won't be long until the bite picks up. I'm sure they will be biting like crazy this weekend while you are sitting in the wet grass turkey hunting!