Iowa attempting new gun laws

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by 1sporticus, Jan 7, 2009.

1. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hello fellow Iowans, I just read this years agenda for the legislature in the Burlington paper. Tom Miller the Attorny General has written up a few bills to the Iowa Congress, and one of them is taking away your right to have/own a gun, if you have a protective order or have been arrested(not convicted) of Domestic violence.
    What is going on in our fair State? I had thought that the 2nd amendment ruling of 2008 guaranteed all Americans right to keep and bear firearms. I'm thinking that I am going to be writing a lot of letters, and keeping a very close eye on my legislatures.
    Obama isn't even in office yet, but it has already begun. Help us Lord we are surrounded. Later Andy

2. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Anybody have a comment on this? Later Andy

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Andy they have been making anyone arrested for domestic turn in there fire arms to the sherrifs office here...fer quite awhile now ....my brother and his ex that was a police officer cant have guns cause they cant get along.We are gonna see alot of this and it's only gonna get worse....:angry:

4. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Just what we need... someone taking away our guns...

On a positive note though, atleast this time they are taking them away from the people with records and not all of us... It is only a matter of time though...

5. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well Gavel, maybe you just might be qccused someday, the way the law is being written is that you just have to be accused(arrested) not convicted. People need to wise up and not let the politicians run your life. They need to know you are watching them, and expect them to watch over your rights as an American whose 2nd Amendment rights are in Jeopardy. Later Andy

6. catmster85

catmster85 New Member

State:
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Unfortunately the government often feels the need to over generalize everything. Sadly it's also their asses on the grill if someone gets shot after a previous situation just like it. The media raises questions about what could have been done or why didn't the law do anything to save this person. After working for the DOT you find out every government agency does everything it can to prevent a huge lawsuit. Sadly it's stupid people who often put themselves in bad situations, but too many people's hearts are bigger then their heads. I have a SIG 556 that I go shoot with my friend and his father. I don't want to picture the day they try and take people's guns.

7. roondad

roondad New Member

State:
    ill.
    we already have that law in the peoples republic of illinois, fight it don't give up they are going after gun owners state by state:angry: