Invite to you Eastie types....

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by BKS72, Feb 15, 2008.

1. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Hey, my wife just got her tickets for her and the boys for their annual month in CA to visit her family. June 28 - July 28 I'm without the fam. WOOOOO-HOOOOOOOO:wink:

Anyway, I plan on taking a few days off during that month and fishing like a fiend. My usual routine during this annual event consists of fishing all night, getting home around 10AM, showering, sleeping till about 4PM, catching bait, and starting the process over again. I'm only about 15 minutes from the closest ramp to my house and 45 minutes from the Kaw Point ramp in downtown KC so there's plenty of options.

Anyway, if any of you guys from over St. Louis way want to fish the Mighty MO over this way during that time, just drop me a line. I don't have any firm dates in mind for taking off work and usually as long as I'm in town I can take vacation on short notice so just let me know a week or so in advance if you'd like to come over and I'll be around. A high tolerance for deep fried catfish, cold beverages, and the ability to sleep in a boat is recommended:smile2: Anyway, after enjoying y'alls hospitality a few times I'd like to return the favor if any of you guys want to head over. Take it easy,

Branden

2. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Sounds like a blast!! You can count me in. I've been wanting to get over that way anyway. I'm sure I can gather few ice cold beverages to bring along.:smile2::wink:

3. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Branden sounds like a blast Im leaving now be there in.............about 3 days lol j/k enjoy your vacation "Hope you hook some Hawgs"

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Ditto me in 2. Sounds like a hoot.

5. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I know it's way early to be planning, but I thought I'd get it out there with plenty of notice. Once I know my travel schedule for that month I'll post it up. You guys know how it is, once all family responsibilities (dinner with the family, soccer games, time with the wife, etc:smile2:) are removed the only way I know to fill that void is with fishing:smile2:

My boat fishes 3 with no problem and with the fam gone there's plenty of room at the house, so no need to bring a boat or worry about a place to stay. Don't worry about short notice either, if I'm in town I'm fishing so just drop me a line on the way out the door:smile2:

Gary and Cuz, it'd be great to get you guys on the water over here. Depending on what's going on we might be able to catch one of Brad's KC Cats tourneys to meet up with those guys or put together a dollar tourney/meet and greet out of Kaw Point if there's nothing else going on.

6. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    alright brandon, what is your westside brothers gonna think when all the easties come over there and out fish you guys on your own water:wink:

jk......Hey I might have to take you up on that also, I got a good look at the mo. river when i was driving back from warsaw. looks like a nice strech of river
    in them parts.......LOL

7. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC

No worries, Willie, it'd just be getting even if ya'll did - my kid has this cool voodoo paddle and a MO Master angler certificate hanging on his wall from our trip over your way:smile2:

Come on over, it is a nice stretch of river. There'll be plenty of room for everybody although if Ryan comes over I may have to put a plastic cover on the couch - I hear he's got some weird superstition about taking showers on fishing trips:smile2: (Sorry Ryan, couldn't resist:wink:)

8. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO

That sounds like a great time Branden, well all but that one part. :smile2: I could go for a trip like that. You can count this easty in!

just read the last post and you beat me to it. Get out the plastic couche cover because Linus is going to be headed west.

9. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Sounds like I'll be making a trip to the western part of the state!

Are you sure you're ready for something like this Branden? Sounds like we could turn your house into something like Animal House!! :smile2::smile2::smile2:

10. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Yup, I'm envisioning a scene from Animal House myself. LMAO!!!!:smile2:

Get ready Branden!

11. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Should be fine. We may have to set up some cots to accomodate everybody, but no problem:wink: I typically talk to my cleaning contractor at work and find one of her people who are looking for a side job and have the house professionally cleaned before Shawna gets home anyway,. This year may just cost me a little extra. If we get a good turnout the can recycling money should about pay for it:smile2:

12. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Coffee comes in cans now??????:wink:

13. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Ohhhhh, that's a good point:crazy: My wife drinks one cup a day and I don't drink coffee at all - you and the Cuzmeister better coodinate and bring that 55 gallon or whatever size that monster at the GWC meeting was over with ya. I think we have a small 6 cup coffee pot. Maybe. Somewhere.

14. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    If you can tolerate someone that might snore, just a little, I would love to visit.

15. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    What do you mean snore a little bit you old fart.. When you fall asleep it sounds like they started up a damn sawmill on your side of the boat... hehehe

16. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Snore?! :crazy:

Well since we're coming clean, I must admit, I cut down my fair share of forests at night as well! :smile2: Although I never seem to hear it myself so it is all hearsay!!

17. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    As anyone who's ever been on a night trip with me will testify to, I do a pretty fair impression of a chainsaw at lights out as well:smile2:

I'm hoping you guys can make it over. Probably later in July is better than earlier as the bite picks up after the spawn, but with this many schedules to coordinate any time will work. At the least it'll be a chance for ya'll to see a little different water (or I guess it'll be the same water, just a few days before you'd see it at home:smile2:). If the schedules don't all work out, I suppose I could just take every Friday off in July and have a get-together every weekend. Boy, that would just kill me......:smile2:

18. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    KC area tournament schedule for July

July 12th Kansas City Catfish Tourney 8p-8a

19. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Yep sounds good. Should be a good time to show you easties how it's done on the west side.

20. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeet! Thanks Brad! Up to the guests but my preference if it's a tourney would be yours on the 12th. If it doesn't fall on one of those weekends would you be up for a dollar entry meet and greet like these guys are having at Columbia bottoms? Not a KC Cats event, just a night of fishing around here somewhere for the princely sum of $1. I'm sure you, Josh, Doug, and the rest of the "regulars" will be on the water anyway:smile2: