Invitation to all!

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by KYfarmer, Jul 31, 2006.

1. KYfarmer

KYfarmer New Member

State:
    KY
    I will be cutting tobacco starting next week and you are all invited to come take part in this yearly ritual of dirt, sweat, heat, blood, and tears. Its really not that bad but I sure hope it cools off a little!
    Marty

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thank you kindly for the offer, but I think I'll stay home and cut the cheese...:lol:

3. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I think scientists should develop a new strain of tobacco that is ready for harvest at the first frost. The only reason they haven't already done so, is they don't have to harvest it. Good luck, Jack.

4. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey Marty, JW just called me and said he would be there please put him on the list, I will do some dirt digging and see if Phil Washburn can make it too, I think he will would be a good one to help whip JW into shape..lmao

I will bring the air condition truck with the ice cream and sit and watch them two work..lol :tounge_out:

5. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    thanks for the offer brother ...i pulled tobacco since i was 10 so i think i've done enough....lol

6. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I don't do tobbacco, ERIC, LMAO!!! I ain't sure where you got that information, but I think someone was lieing to you, must have been Stoney, disquising his voice again, LMAO!!!

PS, Marty you should know by now (from fishing with him) that he is out of his mind, LOL!!!!

7. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Marty, What in the world is the matter with you! Those Henderson Brothers will turn your Tobacco Pink! :lol: :lol: :lol: :big_smile: lmao

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    On my way, hope I dont get lost. :big_smile:

9. KYfarmer

KYfarmer New Member

State:
    KY
    Thanks guys I knew I could count on DH to do some recruiting for me! LMAO!! JW bring Monty with ya, I'm sure he's ready to do some work, Thing are probably a little slow around the shop right now anyway. As far as pink tobacco goes, I think Phillip Morris has been working on that for years, I think they are targeting girls and those guys that DH and I saw hanging around the boat ramp. Teays if you get lost just look for a bunch of Hispanic guys, a guy in a pink tutu and a guy in a red dodge with catfish1.com on the side....he will be eatin ice cream! LMAO!!!
    Marty

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO, If I make it I will be in the truck next to the guy eating ice cream. LMAO

11. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hey Eric, I like this air-conditioned truck and ice-cream idea. I'll have a nutty buddy, thank you. Oh wait, I've already got enough of those around here! But I would like to see somebody "whip JW into shape". LMAO. Wonder if anybody's got a pretty pink whip we could use? Good luck with the harvest, Marty.:smile2:

12. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Pretty pink whip, Hmm!

13. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    a little bit different here ,we dont pull tobacco iv heard of how they do it in other states ride the back of a truck pulling leaves as you go lol thats not work . tobacco is hard work round these parts job a stick in the ground place a spear on top of it cut the plant down at the ground shove it on the spear and down the stick put 5 or 6 plants to a stick , cut my share used too years ago cut 110 sticks an hour and keep it up for 8 or 9 hours back breaking work man what i would give to be in shape enuf to do that again ,maybe i should come help you cut Marty i do need the exercise ............nah to lazy sorry

14. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I would come and help, but I have a series of root cannals scheduled, that will be more fun, LOL!!!

15. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    i would rather have my eyes eaten by ants then cut another stick of tobacco or haul hay. i hope i never have to do it again. had my fill as a young man. kids these days don't know what work is.

16. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Sure would love to come down and help out ,however since I quit smokin and all I really don't think I should get around all that there tobacco. SORRY!!