Invitation fall catfish contest

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by jolie, Aug 30, 2008.

1. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    We are having an invitational catfish contest between Ohio and Pennsylvania. Please post each a some short description of your pennsylvanian catch in this thread

Qualifying size is
    channel 7#+or 27"
    flatheads 25#

no trots,snagging, jugging, or noodling...not cuz I'm being snobbish but They're illegal in PA and would give the one state an unfair advantage.

Anglers must be a BOC brother . with ONE exception. if a BOC brother takes a kid on a fishing catches a qualifying fish on a fishing trip, it can be counted.

no picture needed but suggested.

the state wins if it gets the most fish. honerable mention for the most fishermen. personally I will keep track of each qualifying angler and update it on the thread "Invitation fall catfish contest"...

blues can't count cuz we don't have any

I need Date, Kind of fish, weight, and place (not neccesarily specific)

Tight lines and GO PENNSYLVANIA!

2. River Hobo

River Hobo New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Hell, I have not been fishing nearly enough this summer and this just the excuse I was looking for to go tonight.

"Sorry honey, the state needs me." :wink:

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Do Ohio fish count from pay ponds? I would also like seeing the Flathead weight reduced to about 15# cause other than that annoying river in Philadelphia there aren't a lot of 25#'ers being caught! :wink: :eek:oooh: :smile2:

4. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    I posted about that on there board. we're definitely not going to do pay ponds.

as for the weight, 25# seems like alot to me... but General tan might disagree with you:smile2:. this is why it is a little more awkward with flatheads. I adopted the channel contest, and I feel bold to be like 'this is this and that is that'...

now theres more people, more opinion. Ohio's big on there flats. take a gander at 'fall flathead' it goes for like 5 pages...

hopefully people are like 'ok..but that a lot of fish!' so be it, if more people can participate. we'll just hang on tight and see what people say...

that been my attitude since coming up with this idae.

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Well I only get a couple of weeks, but I will do my best to support ohio

6. Romo

Romo Active Member

State:
    PA
    Name:
    your first name
    25 lbs ain't nothin, especially come fall. seems like a good weight to me

7. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    15 lb fish are very common.

If you want to lower the weight standard make it 20lbs.

After taking Ohio, maybe we can go for the BIG DOG states next year like South Carolina, Texas, or Tenneessee.

We take down one of these 3, we'll make the Ketstone State one of the best catfishing states in the country.

8. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    You guys from the East Side are gonna have sore backs from carrying the westside if the fishing doesn't pick up over here. lol

9. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    count me in. i think 25# is fine, if i could have hooked up with all the big fish i have had on this year or landed them i would have had the best year ever. as said before with fall coming the hogs should be putting the feed bag on.

10. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Maybe you guys should browse through my picture gallery before throwing down the glove. :wink:

And I say we should require a picture of the fish. I made it a rule for Ohio so you guys can have something to drool over.

11. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    The steelers play the Browns on Sept. 14
    How about double the points for the week for the winning side

12. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    hahahahah... well lets get some points then becuase thats an OBVIOUS double for us :wink:. If the ohio boys are in, count me in also. I will do my BEST to contribute to this contest. (although I havent caught a 25lb fish yet. I do plan to get one before the year ends.) :tounge_out:

13. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I can understand why you would need to include the Steelers/Browns game for points. Let the Browns help you win a catfish contest, they help everyone else win......

Do you want us to give you a weight handicap too?:smile2:

14. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Browns, Bengals...Don't matter...We'll win!
    Just thought I'd make it interesting. lol

15. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    theres no doubt it will be easier for you guys in PA.. heck the infishermen did an article on the skuky, and how many flatheads are there.. don't step on a 40 pounder when landing a 20:smile2::wink: wish it were that easy here on normal rivers:roll_eyes: rollo

16. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    good luck pa,well let ya know how ohio ends after ya drop out halfway through...........:roll_eyes:

please don't mix football and fishing,look what we have...........thats not fair,lol

17. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i heard that bro...LOL... :smile2: We have OCHO CINCO!

Goodluck as well PA.. Im gonna start a smack talk thread for this in the Ohio local, please bring your goods... this is gonna be alot of fun!!! rollo

18. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
  19. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I don't know I am scared of Rollo and crew:roll_eyes::smile2:.

20. shane hershey

shane hershey New Member

State:
    pa
    i feel ya ken,their pretty scary.:smile2: