"Invasion" and "Surface"

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catgirl, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Roger's "Lost" thread got me to thinking about these two TV shows from the 2005-6 season. After seeing Roger's "Deadwood" thread (dang, two Rogers - I should be implementing usernames I guess :big_smile:), I decided to follow suit and begin one of my own about two shows that I miss. I haven't watched much television in the last couple of years, I spend most of my free time on the BOC.

Both of the shows in my thread title were cancelled after one season.

"Invasion" was broadcast on ABC, right after "Lost". I never got into "Lost", but I enjoyed this one. It was set in Florida I believe, and the premise reminded me of the movie "The Abyss" in a way - although they went in a different direction with that.

Here's a link if you don't remember or never saw the program:

http://www.tv.com/invasion/show/32917/summary.html

Another one I enjoyed was "Surface", a NBC production. A boy and his friend find some eggs floating and he takes one home, which proceeds to hatch in his aquarium; and Nim(rod) is "born". Meanwhile MANY of Nim's species are hatching in the ocean water, and they aren't too nice - not to mention the "parents". Part of this series was set on the coast of NC, another reason I liked it; plus the underwater sequences were cool. It was also full of government intrigue regarding the creation of the creature, etc.

http://www.tv.com/surface/show/32412/summary.html

Being a sci-fi and a sea fan, these two shows were right up my alley. After all, who really knows what might be under the water? :eek:oooh:

2. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Tanya i remember Invasion we watched a couple episodes. It kinda remided me of invasion of the body snatchers. Couldnt really watch it back then i was working a different schedule and had to get ready for work right after Lost.

3. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I liked Invasion, mostly because of that foxy blond lady. She went over to my new favorite show, Nip Tuck, but I think she got killed this week.

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Yeah Roger, it did have some similarities to "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" too. I have not seen the remakes of that, only the original from 1956. The reason I mentioned "The Abyss" (I love this movie, have you seen it?) was because of the extra-terrestrials underwater aspect.

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Kari Matchett, who played the doctor lady (Dr.Mariel Underlay) on Invasion?

I didn't know she was on "Nip/Tuck", but she is a new cast member of "ER". Plays another doctor, Skye Wexler.

6. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    About the only things I watch has more to do with when I'm watching since I work the graveyard shift.

I watch ESPN first thing of a morning...Pardon the Interruption...and sportscenter at times.

Then it's That 70's show...Andy Griffith...then who wants to be a millionairre...and then an episode of "Haunting..." on the Discovery Channel right before I crash. (I'm suprised I don't have nightmares...those shows are creepy man)

I typically stay up until 1 or 2...sometimes as late as 5 pm if I'm fishing...and then crash a few hours before I get up to go in to work...so evening tv is not on my menu.

I work overnite...mornings are all I have for tv...and most of the time it's just simply background noise as I peruse the BOC anyhow...Lol.