Introductions

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by CarolinaCatJack, Aug 14, 2008.

1. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    I just wanted to send a quick message to my fellow SC "catpersons" (can't leave the ladies out) and introduce myself. I joined several months ago and couldn't keep up with it due to internet issues, but I'm back and I'm bound and determined to keep it going this time. Even though I'm not new to catfishing, I know that there's a lot I still have yet to learn, but maybe I can share what I DO know and help someone else.

I'd like to say hello again to an old friend, RiverratSC, who was kind enough to take me fishing a couple of years ago on Lake Wateree (and it was a very successful trip, I might add) and tell me about the BOC and catfish1.com. He's pretty good, but as modest as he is, he'd probably argue that point.

So, on those notes, y'all take care and I hope to hear from some (or all) of you soon! Best wishes for fair weather and tight lines! :cool2:

-Matt, Greenwood SC

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    GREAT to have you here, Matt! Look forward to your posts, and meeting you in the future.
    Bill in Bennettsville

3. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Bill, since you're the first to reply to me, let me ask you a quick favor (without sounding like I'm bugging you)..... Let me know when and if there will be any get-togethers here in SC. I'm very willing to get with you guys and fish your home lakes and I'd hope that you all would want to come here to Greenwood and fish with me.

4. nasty nate

nasty nate New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Matt, welcome to the BOC. I would love to fish Greenwood with you sometime, and mabe I could take you to some of my favorite places to fish. Anyway, I look forward to reading your posts, and sharing info.

5. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Nate, just let me know. My buddies here at work and I are planning a trip to Greenwood in the evening on the 23rd (next Saturday). You're more than welcome to join us! Just be forewarned.....They want to crappie-fish, but believe you me, I WILL have a cat line or two in the water..... Maybe we can even get ol' Riverrat out of the shadows to bring the boat and come fish with us. The more the merrier! :big_smile:

-Matt, Greenwood SC

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <Bill, since you're the first to reply to me, let me ask you a quick favor (without sounding like I'm bugging you)..... Let me know when and if there will be any get-togethers here in SC. I>

Man, I wish it were not so short notice. We are having a fine, LARGE gathering tomorrow and Saturday at Dunhams Bluff in Brittons Neck. Would LOVE for you to come! See the Fish, camp over thread.
    BB

7. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Dadgum, Bill....I'd love to, but I work 2nd (3:30pm-12am). Besides, I don't think the bossman would let me off on such short notice. You oughta see me kicking the underside of my desk here!

8. nasty nate

nasty nate New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Matt, I wish I could go, but the church that I attend is moving to a new building that weekend, so I will be busy with that, so mabe another time.

9. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Understood, and no problem! Faith, family, work....That's the way I live my life. If y'all think it's safe to post e-mail on this forum, I'll do so. That way, I can let y'all have my personal cell #.

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the boc this site is full of good info and great people

11. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Welcome back to the BOC. Our SC gathering will be at Rocks Pond on Sept 12th-13th at santee. I hope you can make it down.

12. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I'm here. I can't make any weekend trips because I work every weekend. I hope to fish again before the year is over but so far I've only fished twice this year. I bought a pontoon that I'm restoring so I haven't be able to fish. I think I'm gonna call it the "Rattoon".

13. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Matt,
    Welcome from NC.
    Lindsay

14. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Welcome back to the BOC hopr you enjoy it

15. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Matt there is the SC BOC gathering at Santee Sept, 12 and 13th.:big_smile: Info is on the gathering section of the home page. It's gonna be big fun.:big_smile:

Pop Pop, Smacking'em down from Ninety Six, SC.

16. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    welcome to the boc.

17. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Hey pop, 96, huh? That's only about 10 minutes from the house. I'm goin' to Greenwood to fish tomorrow AND next Saturday. Thinkin' about puttin' in at Reeders on 72. Let me know if you want to hit the water with me.

-Matt, Greenwood SC

18. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Be careful at Reeders! Theres a hole on that ramp that cost me a rim and tire last fall when the water was down.:wink: Not sure they fixed it.

19. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome back Matt.

20. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Well, I might just go to the state park and put in at Campground 2. That's a pretty decent ramp. Everything's still up in the air anyway. BTW, check out the posts about the gathering in Sept. I put my cent and a half in.

Matt, Greenwood SC
    CarolinaCatJack