Introduction: Middle Georgia

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by goshawk, Nov 18, 2008.

1. goshawk

goshawk New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Hello Everyone,
    This is my first post. Thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Pat and I live in Middle Georgia in a place called Mauk. That's Near Butler Georgia in Taylor County. I'm just now getting back into fishing after a long time where I gave it up.

So far I've been to the Flint river and to the Big Lazar near Thomaston GA...plus maybe a couple of trips to Lake Blackshear.

Since I'm just getting back into this sport I hoping to glean some useful information from this site.

My first question is that it's moving towards Winter and from what I understand flatheads don't bite much in winter here in Georgia, but Channel do ok?

Pat

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Welcome to the BOC Pat!! Your right about Flatheads slowing down on the bite during winter time,they have a tendency to bunch up in the deep holes,at least that's what they do here in Iowa in the Missouri River one of My Primary fishing haunts for large Flats and Blues.Now with that being said channel cats seem to be a bit more active.I down size the size of my bait offering in the winter months though.A suggestion to you,check out the library as there is alot of helpful information on the different baits and presentations that will put you on the right tract OK.Keep us posted on your progress.And to answer another question before you should ask,Yup I am one of the Better Lookin Fellas here on the BOC,A bunch of the Fellas Hate it because they Ain't got no chance with the Ladies,:roll_eyes: Theres another Fella here on the BOC thats Almost as Good lookin as me out on the east coast his screen name is Big George he takes care of all my overflow out that way,His nick name is Brush Face.Have a Goodin now. Later J.D.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the BOC, this site is full of good info and great people.

I will be moving to the columbus area and doing a lot of fishing so if you are interested shoot me a message and I will take you out

4. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Welcome to the club Pat!

Yes, Blues and Channels will bite all winter in Georgia.

5. goshawk

goshawk New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Gosh there are a few things to learn in terms of how to use this site however, I can tell already that there a bunch of nice folks!

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I will be hitting those cold weather blues by Feb. I got a couple of holes in mind already!

7. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    There is also a High Intensity section. It even has a Board Clown! :big_smile:

8. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Glad to see another Ga brother welcome Pat yes we do have a lot of good people here but watch out for some they'll try to fool you like JDstracka he ain't got to worry about no overflow he got it coveredLOL

9. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Welcome to the BOC Pat. Look forward to meeting you at the GA gathering!

10. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    Yes, welcome sir to the BOC. I have found answers to many questions, be sure to check out all the different threads on the main page. Do you have plans to be at the gathering this april? Its going to be a great place to meet some fellow fishers. Best of luck to you!

11. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Welcome to the BOC. If you have luck like mine you might not even be able to catch a fish with dynomite in the winter:smile2:

12. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Pat,
    Welcome to the BOC/SOC from So Alabama and when the water temp reaches 55 to 50 degrees the yellow cat bites gets real slow. but they will bite just down size your bait and fish log jams,deep holes, and slow moving water.
    Hopes this helps

13. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    welcome to the BOC , a great site to find info on about anything you'd wanna know even some stuff you didnt wanna know lol welcome aboard

14. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Welcome to the BOC Pat, glad to have another GA member on board!