intro new guy

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by TrapperMike, Feb 4, 2009.

1. TrapperMike

TrapperMike New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I posted one the other day its gone not sure wear I should post intros ,,I am from NC and would preferre to just talk NC catfish myself. my name is mikle my friends call me Trappermike I am a wild life dame controll agent in NC .My web page is www.trappermike.com just got into catfishing last year Live in the mountains of NC ...trout is king up hear so most of my catfishing been off the mountains Kerr scott ,lake james and lake roadhiss and the johns river .I am hooked ,bigest so far been in the 14lbs8 once channel cat .Looking to make new friends and learn some new tricks .Let my try this post again

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Mike Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. I'm looking forward to reading your post.:0a22::0a25::0a25:

3. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Welcome to the site man! There are some nice channel cats in Kerr Scott Lake. I used to fish up there when I was a kid and it's where I caught some of my first cats.

4. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Trappermike.

5. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Welcome Aboard Trappermike Glad to have you. J.D.:wink:

Dam control Officer ?? Great cause we sometimes get out of control,LOL

6. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Welcome to the BOC ......... It sounds like you live in what i think of as heaven . I keep saying im going to sell out here and move that way .

7. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    reps for joinng, welcome

8. CRAPPIEMAN

CRAPPIEMAN New Member

State:
    GASTONIA N
    Welcome trappermike

9. TrapperMike

TrapperMike New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Trying to figure out the avatar and picture posting thing LOL will post some pics soon

10. katsandsuds

katsandsuds New Member

State:
    North Caro
    welcome mike. checked out your website and at the top, "Helping Animals with People Problems." Love it.

11. baitnwait

baitnwait New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Welcome to the BOC! Looking forward to any fishing reports. I've never fished above Lake Hickory on the Catawba chain.

12. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Mike! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you!

I live right down the road in Hickory. How's that snow up your way buddy?

At my house we only had a dusting, but the cold temps hit us too.

Glad it's supposed to warm up some over the weekend; might go crappie fishin'.

Personally, I've never fished the lakes/river you mentioned, but I've seen all of 'em except Kerr. Never heard of any LARGE cats being caught out of James, Rhodhiss, or John's River.....and as far as catfish go, I think James mostly holds whites.

13. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    Welcome to the site! Lots of good info on here for sure.

14. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Hey Mike, Welcome to the BOC from Texas. You'll find some great information here and some amazing people. This is a great place to be... It's Informative and Entertaining. It's the one stop fishing info and supply and has been referred to as the Fishin' hole off the water. Welcome aboard.