Intro and Question(or 2)....

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by RobbHeb, Dec 2, 2008.

1. RobbHeb

RobbHeb New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    First off, how is everybody doing? I must say this is a pretty nice site, informative, and more importantly it seems that the ppl around here are nice and glad to help out other members. Its hard to find a forum thats not full of jerks, trust me, i moderate 3. Anyway, my name is Robert and i live in Addis(West Baton Rouge) right accross the river from Baton Rouge. I love catfishing more than anything(Blues!!). At present time i do not have a boat, my uncle sunk it years ago and i gave up fishing, i've just recently gotten back into it, so i'm stuck with bank fishing for now which really isnt all that bad.

My first question is one that i have not been successful googling, what is the BEST way to tie a knot and how? Including trotlines tightlining and general casting.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

PS. anybody here from BR know of any good bank fishing spots?(river or not)

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Well Robert first of all WElcome to the BOC.Your right it's a great place and lots of great people.Asfar as knots go ,go to the BOC Libary there is a forum by Whistler on different knots.Shows how to tie each of them.Myself I like the Snell Kinot.Easy to do.Even I can do it with my stiff fingers.

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Robert, Welcome to the B.O.C. Enjoy your stay here, I am glad to see members join from Louisiana because I am originally from Louisiana. We have few from around Shreveport, but not many from North east or south east Louisiana.

4. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Hi Robert, glad to have you join in all the fun! This is a great site lots of info and some real great people here. Watch for threads on gatherings, there you will meet and make catfishing freinds. Again welcome to the BOC.

Cassk

5. radish

radish Member

State:
    ms
    WELCOME to the BOC Robert fine place.

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Robert.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Robert Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. Your going to fall in love with this site. Lots of fishing info.:0a23::0a25::0a25: regardless of the species you fish for.

8. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    welcome to the BOC/SOC

9. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Welcome to the BOC Robert, and good luck chasin' those big Mississippi blues!

10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome Robert, fine folks here. Take MMR's advise and check out the library. Slam full of good stuff.

11. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the BOC this site is full of good info and great people. Good luck fishing

12. billyum2

billyum2 New Member

State:
    Topeka,ks
  13. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Welcome to the BOC from Texas. Good luck fishing

14. RobbHeb

RobbHeb New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    thanks for the warm welcome everybody! i'll check out the library, what are some of ya'lls favorite knots to use for different applications?

15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Welcome ,Robert. Like everyone else said,There isnt much that cant be found in the library.

16. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Welcome to the BOC Robert. I personally like the palomar knot. It seems to have the best breaking strength(at least line capacity) over the other knots.

17. RobbHeb

RobbHeb New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    thats the one i was looking at, its seems like the simplest to remember.

is there anyway i can change how many post's i view per page? it anoys me to read 5 post's then have to go to the next page.

18. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Welcome to the BOC!

19. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    i snell my hook and palomer the swivel.

20. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I like both the Palomar and snell, I just was taught the Palomar knot, this summer buy Jag Doctor a BOC member I met on this site!!!,,, I've been using Palomar to tie on my snap swivels on my bass casting rig, as I wore out the snell knot I had tied, and sent a real nice Kastmaster lure over the top of the Tall trees lining the edge of the water I was fishing........:smile2:..

Yea, Yea, I know,,,, Re-tie more often,,,,,,,,,,,:wink: