interperting leagle talk

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by kscathunter, May 7, 2008.

1. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    ok i was double checking the laws again and from what im thinking im reading in this is that it is leagle to conceal carry with a leagle hunting or fishing licens while hunting or fishing? http://www.kslegislature.org/bills/2008/46.pdf

2. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    6.) State Wildlife Areas and State Parks As a general matter, assume that State Parks will be off limits for concealed carry. As of the date of this publication, the Department of Wildlife and Parks had not yet determined how it would handle this issue. While there is no blanket disallowance for the carrying of firearms into state parks, DWP has a regulation which allows them to regulate such an activity through the posting of the park. Wildlife areas are a different matter. Since these areas are generally allowed to be lawfully hunted upon, the concealed carry of weapons would be allowed while lawfully hunting in and on wildlife areas. See, K.S.A. 21-4201(c)(2).

As per...http://www.ksag.org/content/page/id/90

I may or may not carry mine in the boat though..:wink:

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    for all theise d@^ rules they want everybody to follow they are shure are indecisive:roll_eyes: fish here but not there you can have a gun but dont carry it like that unless the winds out of the south and you have one closed:wink: i guess ill do what i want till they tell me different and then ill tell them so n so told me this tommrow :smile2:

4. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    In a nut shell it is legal while you are engaged in hunting or fishing if you have a valid hunting and/or fishing license. Remember that driving the truck to the lake or river, the boat to the fishing spot or walking to your fishing spot isn't engage and driving your truck to your hunting spot isn't engaged.

5. millertimemarine

millertimemarine Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    Name:
    Wyatt
    If you have a concealed carry then you don't have to abide by those do you? Such as carrying on a state park?

6. silsbyj

silsbyj New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Great info. I usually carry while I am fishing due to a friend having a close encounter with a mountain lion.....close enough to scare the crap out of him anyway.

7. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    Jake - yes, the link I posted was from the Kansas CCW FAQ site..I spent about 3-4 hundred in paperwork and fees to get the licence only to figure out I'm not suposed to carry it in a state park..what our instructor told us in one of the courses was 'well if its concealed, no one should see it anyway so you shouldn't have to worry about it'. Makes sense.

8. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    yea i figured that might be interperted that way....but... the main thing is i CAN put it in my pants, pocket, or where ever out of the way while i fish and not worry about is it visible or can i get in trouble if my shirt covers it. i dont have a problem with it being visible i got a belt holster it just gets in the way and uncomfortable after a while. plus i like sticking it down the front of my pants all gangster like:smile2::cool2::roll_eyes: back to my ...but... my life insurance policy interperts my on the job as: to the job on the job to home from the job. soooo possibley enguaged in fishing may be to and from as well as douring?

9. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    so what if you just strap your 45 to your side in plain site,does that throw all of the crap out the window.no hiding anything,u want it,come and get it!

10. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    i believe open carry is leagle anywere except were wepons are prohibited. witch is why i bought a holster to strap on my 9