Interior Lighting

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by 223Smitty, May 27, 2006.

1. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Since I'm re-doing this boat (wiring included), I'm thinking about adding some sort of lighting, possibly front & rear, to dimly light the floor or to aid in retying, grabbing a sammich, bait, etc. The boat's a 16' so it wouldn't take much, anyone got any thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

Thanks!
    Smitty

2. barry

barry Member

State:
    WV.
    I use 12v rope lights that are made for big truck trim and they work great. I got a 15 ft rope and mounted them around the inside and inside of the transom of the boat.

3. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I didn't know they made those in 12v.....would a truckstop be the best place to find some?

Thanks for the idea!
    Smitty

4. barry

barry Member

State:
    WV.
    I found them on ebay but I have seen them in truck chrome shops. this is a picture of mine the lights are the red line of lights around the inside

Attached Files:

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I did some work for a fella that is in the business of lighting motorcycles.
    He sells all kinds of LED lighting in different configurations and colors.
    He was nice enough to give me a sample and I made up my mind , its going in my next boat in 2 colors. White and red. For every white light there will be a red light. I'll have the option of hitting 2 different switches. I'll be mounting them under the gunnels out of sight and the weather.
    Alot cheaper then going the marine catalogue route.

6. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for the help guys!

Smitty

7. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    HEHE BArry I had the same thing in my old boat I sold off works great. Kinda made me feel like I was in my pete rolling down the road which looks like a runway at night all lit up.

8. Majesticman

Majesticman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I used yellow LED in mine so it woldn't5 draw bugs so bad. I never thought it might help if I took a shower also.

9. mspratt

mspratt New Member

State:
    missouri
    Check this out.:eek:oooh:

Attached Files:

10. AllenM

AllenM Guest

That looks pretty sharp! I got a lot of things in mind that I'd like to do to my own little boat, and you guys all just gave me a few more!

11. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    is it true yellow lights dont draw as many bugs

12. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    OK, Mark, I'm confused.... are those picture of your fishing boat or of your love boat? I saw something like that once in Vegas but darn it, it has to stay in Vegas or I'd be in violation of their ads. lol Seriously, it looks nice do the blue lights attract bugs? Where did you get them?