interior boat Lights

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by jdbuckshot, Apr 9, 2008.

1. jdbuckshot

jdbuckshot New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have looked at all types of lights for the inside of my boat, im leaning toward the LED's and like some of the set ups that have been posted. Min will however need to be flush mounts, because i have sides on my boat. How does the Perko Interior lights compare to the LED's?

JD

2. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Where could you find a string light set (led) to wrap around the inside lip of a boat 1865 cc grizzly.

3. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    I use the white or clear rope light's you see around at christmas time they work great....10 or 12 foot is like 15 buck's ....

4. jdbuckshot

jdbuckshot New Member

State:
    Missouri
    rope lights do seem usefull, but i know i want some kind of flush mount fixture to install before while im installing the floor and sides.

5. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I like to fish at night, Ijust put new lights in my boat last year and used a double floresent bulb one is a black light and one white. The black light is great at night when using the floresent mono line. It's real easy to see and makes knot tying a lot more easy

6. CatFuStyle

CatFuStyle New Member

State:
    Xenia, Ohio
    im not sure if anyone has tried this yet or thought about it but when i was into truck customizing at one point i had 40 tubes of neon & LEDS on my truck, they draw very very low amps and can be left on for days without killing the battery, very versitile on mounting and location, plus they do have spot and flood LEDS that come in four packs for like $15, these are individual LEDs and they are very bright and some are the size of a quarter, just an idea for some of u wanting lighting on ur boats at night, check out the auto custom lighting parts there sealed and last for a long time and probally cheaper since u can get them at autozone and such.

7. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    I like the rope light's mounted on the inside up within 4 inch's of the top that way all the light hit's your poles and the inside of the boat without putting light on the water....

8. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Hey Jim, check out this mod I did with LED's.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75229

9. jdbuckshot

jdbuckshot New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks skipeye,

Ive seen your light install before, and that is exactly what im wanting to do, but i think i may want some recessed lighting since im starting from scratch.

Jim D

10. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    I used LED lightwell lights they give off enough light but don't blind you. I put one in front and two on either side of the console. In a 1860 grizzly

11. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    My new Lund came with flush amber lights. And they sure work great. Three of them light up the whole floor of the boat from the front to the back.
    Not sure what brand they are. But will look and see if I can find a name on them.
    Even has lights in both livewells.:big_smile:
    Pete

12. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    If you are wanting to put them on the underneath side like skipeye but want them flush. You can buy single LED bulbs from Radio Shack. Just drill the same size hole (just large enough to slide the bulb in) make wire connections and pack the back side of LED with epoxy. Leave light flush with rail and let harden. If the bulb is recessed just a little use clear silicone over the bulb (will dim light just a little).

13. bigcatman0001

bigcatman0001 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I put rople light led's in mine. In my sea aark there is a rubber srip you can pull out to run wires in the top rail from front to back and I simply rplaced the rubber strip with the rope light and it fit perfectly.