Interesting Statistic

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ldw45, Dec 13, 2007.

1. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Regardless of where you stand on the issue of the U.S. involvement in Iraq , here's a sobering statistic. There has been a monthly average of 160,000 troops in the Iraq theatre of operations during the last 22 months, and a total of 2,112 war action related deaths. That gives a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000 soldiers per month.

The firearm death rate in Washington D.C. is 80.6 per 100,000 persons for th e same period. That means that you are about 25% more likely to be shot and killed in the U.S. Capital than you are in the war in Iraq .

Or maybe send in more troops

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    that's why i ain't in the reserves - they'd ship me out to washington to cover hillarys butt..............that is a sure death sentence:eek:oooh:

all kidding aside, our troops are heroes every one of them...thank you to all of them!

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for some comforting news, Heck the media up plays crap so much ya'd think there was one soldier a minet bein killed.

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I believe your more likely to get shot at a school in the USA than at war. And that is a sad fact.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Mike I have to agree with that. Becomming a more serious deal each day.No one is paying attention before the fact but they can talk and run investigatins after the fact. SAD.

6. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Doesn't DC have some of the most strict gun laws in the US?
    Riddle me that?

7. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    The shopping malls isnt that safe either.