Interesting reading ......

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by RetiredToFish, Apr 1, 2008.

1. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    The new In-Fisherman Annual Carfish Guide is out and an article most of us will find interesting is about the East Coast Tidal Rivers that have been stocked, mostly since 1980 with Blues and Flatheads .... The bad part about it is they have completely eradicated a bunch of other spieces of fish. States like North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia are trying to figure out how to get rid of the Flats and Blues. In one river in Georgia (I think it was) the state has electro shocked and removed over 24,000 pounds of Flatheads .... Really interesting reading ....... Garry- :cool2:

2. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Thank's for the heads up Garry. I thought that issue did'nt come out until later this month. I'll have to pick it up in the morning on the way to work.

3. jigghead1

jigghead1 New Member

State:
    NORTH CAROLINA
    Gotta check this out. I never saw that, I let you know more about that, because I live in N.C. Thanks alot.

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i got my copy today. lots of interesting information once again in it......rollo

5. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    The thing I laughed about when reading the article about the flatheads in the coastal rivers and southern lakes was all of these guys around the state that have been buying these flatheads to stock in their pay lakes ... how long before the flatheads eat everything else in the lake and they end up with 4 or 5 big flatheads in their lakes and nothing else ........ If enough people tell this to the pay lake owners they will stop buying the flatheads from the law breakers selling them and hopefully they will then stop lining and jugging for them....... Garry-

6. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thats interesting thank you for sharing this with us

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I got that one taken care of..... I'm gonna sell commercial bait to all the paylakes and convince them how many thousands of pounds per year they need to maintain a healthy population.... if you can't beat em' may as well join em' or atleast take their money:wink: rollo

8. jigghead1

jigghead1 New Member

State:
    NORTH CAROLINA
  9. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    I bet it's hard to be a flathead and to be so misunderstood.:sad2:

10. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Thats really depressing, glad I dont live in those states or I wuold have to move...:confused2: