interesting phone call at work today

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by 223reload, Apr 14, 2009.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I had a call on my cell today,I answered ,this woman on the other end asked to speak to **** ,I said sorry you have the wrong number,She got hostile and said I need to speak to %%%% @@@@@@ NOW I recognised the name as an ex co worker,and since the voice was so irritated ,I suspicioned it was his ex wife,SO I calmly replied ,%%%% is on a top secret mission and I'm not at liberty to divulge his whear abouts or number at this time. ...... CLICK was all that I heard after that:smile2::smile2::smile2:

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    LOL, you gotta love it....

3. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Gotta watch out for them exs.

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I get those at work sometimes. Bill collectors looking for a former coworker that went back in the army.

I tell them he took a lucrative job in Korea.
    They all say "Korea"?
    Like I said he took a lucrative as hell job offer in Korea. Some big job in security the way I understand it.
    Well, uh, ok. Click.

5. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    thats funny stuff there Richard.

6. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    lol funny stuff

7. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I had a irate call from this ladys husband once, apparently there was some hanky panky going on between her and another one of the office workers I wasnt aware of.

I was called every name he could think of, I just let him get it out of his system, not saying a word, until he was finished. Then after he had blown off steam I asked him a question. How old is your wife, he replied 34, so I then asked him the 2nd question. Does she need a baby sitter while you are away? If so you need to take her to a daycare, this is a business. Click was all I heard on the other end of the phone.

You gotta love corperate world....

8. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Reminds me of a radio segment on the Bob & Tom Show (if you know who they are), Revenge on the Telemarketers. :smile2: I love messin with wrong number callers and the marketers. :roll_eyes:

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

Yeah,Barry,I had a telemarketer call,was all in spanish the other day,I cant repeat what I said,But I bet you can guess:crazy::wink::smile2::smile2:

10. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Usually I mess with them by telling them the person they want to speak to has just died. We have just gotten back from the funeral and then I read them a spew of cuss words about their mother and father's lineage and their wife's habits with the neighbor. They click off pretty quickly.

11. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    reload this man kept calling my cell phone asking for this chick .after about 3 times of me telling him she wasnt there .the 4th time he called i told himm he would have to call back cause she was in the shower . man that dude was hot as heck lol lmao

12. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Man, ya'll givin me some good ideas on how to handle future phone calls....LOL:smile2:

13. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    When some bill collectors are calling I just tell them they have entered the nursing home they get pretty solom . Thanks Sam Davis

14. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I lOVE to mess with people too. I would have told her Him, and the new secretary have been missing for hours. The place has really gone downhill since they started messing around. And then said who's this? LOL, and when she said it's his wife, and started asking more questions I would have said. I'm not at liberty to divulge any information. LOL

15. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I love telemarketers.....I love to mess with them. I tell them just a minute I will let you speak to the lady of the house, and hand my daughter the phone, I have heard some pretty interesting conversations. When she was about 5, she told one telemarketer, "My dad dont want to speak to you, because he dont like markers" LOL, try and sell some to a 3-6 year old. There is no telling what I have bought, they just cant figure out how to get it to me.

I read a deal once where a telemarketer called this guy while he was at dinner with his family. It went thru this ordeal, about the guy telling the telemarketer he was a detective, and the person they were calling to talk to was found dead by gunshot, and then the "Detective" started telling the guy not to hang up on him, he was now a suspect, and how well did he know the deceased. Pretty funny.

16. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    lol, or wait she is getting dressed right now, I will have her call you back....

17. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    One of my wife's favs is when upon occasion she calls me at work, and one of the other guys in the shop answers the phone and nosily asks " is this his wife", she replies, " He's married? What the ----, put that son of a ----- on the phone!" I watched one dude turn white as a sheet as he capped the mouthpiece with his hand and was yellin , "Dude I'm so sorry! Its your girlfriend, I thought it was your wife!" :smile2: And no, I didnt let em in on the secret. :wink: