Interesting items from the web

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by FS Driver, Aug 4, 2006.

1. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    Keep this one going until the election....Re-mail it a 1000 times if necessary...
    WHY WAIT UNTIL 2008? THERE IS AN ELECTION IN 2006. I HEREWITH FIRMLY STATE THAT I WILL NOT VOTE FOR ANY POLITICIAN, REGARDLESS OF THE OTHER ISSUES, IF HE/SHE DOES NOT SPONSOR AND SUPPORT THE FOLLOWING LEGISLATION. THAT INCLUDES EVERYONE STANDING FOR ELECTION IN 2006.

LET US SHOW OUR LEADERS IN WASHINGTON "PEOPLE POWER" AND THE POWER OF THE INTERNET. LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE WITH ME ON THIS BY F ORWARDING TO EVERYONE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK.
    IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT!
    KEEP IT GOING!!!!
    2006 Election Issue!!
    GET A BILL STARTED TO PLACE ALL POLITICIANS ON SOCIAL SECURITY.

This must be an issue in "2008" Please! Keep it going.
    ----------------------------------
    SOCIAL SECURITY:
    (This is worth reading. It is short and to the point.)
    Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions during election years.
    Our Senators and Congresswomen do not pay into Social Security and, of ! course, they do not collect from it.

You see, Social Security benefits were not suitable for persons of their rare elevation in society. Theyfelt they should have a special plan for themselves. So, many years ago they voted in their own benefit plan.
    In more recent years, no congressperson has felt the need to change it After all, it is a great plan.
    For all practical purposes their pla! n works like this:
    When they retire, they continue to draw the same pay until they die.
    Except it may increase from time to time for cost of living adjustments..
    For example, Senator Byrd and Congressman Whit e and their wives may expect to draw $7,800,000.00 (that's Seven Million, Eight-Hundred Thousand Dollars), with their wives drawing $275,000.00 during the last years of their lives.
    This is calculated on an average life span for each of those two Dignitaries.

Younger Dignitaries who retire at an early age, will receive much more during the rest of their lives.

Their cost for this excellent plan is $0.00. NADA....ZILCH....

This little perk they voted for themselves is free to them. You and I pick up the tab for this plan. The funds for this fine retirement plan come directly from the General Funds;

"OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK"!

From our own Social Security Plan, which you and I pay (or have paid) into, every payday until we retire (which amount is matched by our employer)-we can expect to get an average of $1,000 per month after retirement.
    Or, in other words, we would have to collect our average of $1,000 monthly benefits for 68 year s and one (1) month to equal Senator Bill Bradley's benefits!

Social Security could be very good if only one small change were made.
    That change would be to:

Jerk the Golden Fleece Retirement Plan from under the Senators and Congressmen. Put them into the Social Security plan with the rest of us
    then sit back....
    and see how fast they would fix it.
    If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of awareness will be planted and maybe good changes will evolve.
    How many people CAN you send this to?

Better yet.....
    How many people
    WILL you send this to ?

2. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    Black and White
    (Not Under age 40? You won't understand.)

But maybe you can still remember some of this.

You could hardly see for all the snow,
    Spread the rabbit ears as far as they go.
    Pull a chair up to the TV set,
    "Good Night, David. Good Night, Chet."

Depending on the channel you tuned,
    You got Rob and Laura - or Ward and June.
    It felt so good. It felt so right.
    Life looked better in black and white.

I Love Lucy, The Real McCoys,
    Dennis the Menace, the Cleaver boys,
    Rawhide, Gunsmoke, Wagon Train,
    Superman, Jimmy and Lois Lane.

Father Knows Best, Patty Duke,
    Rin Tin Tin and Lassie too,
    Donna Reed on Thursday night! --

I wanna go back to black and white.
    Everything always turned out right.
    Simple people, simple lives...
    Good guys always won the fights.

Now nothing is the way it seems,
    In living color on the TV screen.
    Too many murders, too many fights,
    I wanna go back to black and white.

In God they trusted, alone in bed, they slept,
    A promise made was a promise kept.
    They never cussed or broke their vows.
    They'd never make the network now.

But if I could, I'd rather be
    In a TV town in '53.

It felt so good. It felt so right.

I'd trade all the channels on the satellite,
    If I could just turn back the clock tonight
    To when everybody knew wrong from right.
    Life was better in black and white!

Another Goody For The Old timers
    My Mom used to cut chicken, chop eggs and spread mayo on the same cutting board
    with the same knife and no bleach, but we didn't seem to
    get food poisoning.

My Mom used to defrost hamburger on the counter AND I used to eat it raw
    sometimes, too. Our school sandwiches were wrapped in wax paper in a brown paper
    bag, not in ice pack coolers, but I can't remember getting e.coli.

Almost all of us would have rather gone swimming in the lake instead of a
    pristine pool (talk about boring), no beach closures then.

The term cell phone would have conjured up a phone in a jail cell, and a pager
    was the school PA system.

We all took gym, not PE... and risked permanent injury with a pair of high top
    Ked's (only worn in gym)
    instead of having cross-training athletic shoes with air cushion soles and built
    in light reflectors. I can't recall any injuries but they must have happened
    because they tell us how much safer we are now..

Flunking gym was not an option. even for stupid kids! I guess PE must be much
    harder than gym.

Speaking of school, we all said prayers and sang the national anthem, and
    staying in detention after school caught all sorts of negative attention.

We must have had horribly damaged psyches. What an archaic health system we had
    then. Remember school nurses? Ours wore a hat and everything. I thought that I
    was supposed to accomplish something before I was allowed to be proud of myself

I just can't recall how bored we were without computers, Play Station, Nintendo,
    X-box or 270 digital TV cable stations.

Oh yeah..! . and where was the Benadryl and sterilization kit when I got that
    bee sting? I could have been killed!

We played 'king of the hill' on piles of gravel left on vacant construction
    sites, and when we got hurt, Mom pulled out the 48-cent bottle of Mercurochrome
    (kids liked it better because it didn't sting like iodine did) and then we got
    our butt spanked.

Now it's a trip to the emergency room, followed by a 10-day dose of a $49 bottle
    of antibiotics, and then Mom calls the attorney to sue the contract or for
    leaving a horribly vicious pile of gravel where it was such a threat.

We didn't act up at the neighbor's house either because if we did, we got our
    butt spanked there and then we got butt spanked again when we got home.

I recall Donny Reynolds from next door coming over and doing his tricks on the
    front stoop, just before he fell off. Little did his Mom know that she could
    have owned our house. Instead, she picked him up and swatted him for being such
    a goof. It was a neighborhood run amuck.

To top it off, not a single person I knew had ever been told that they were from
    a dysfunctional family How could we possibly have known that?

We needed to get into group therapy and anger management classes? We were
    obviously so duped by so many societal ills, that we didn't even notice that the
    entire country wasn't taking Prozac! How did we ever survive?

LOVE TO ALL OF US WHO SHARED THIS ERA, AND TO ALL WHO DIDN'T- SORRY FOR WHAT YOU
    MISSED. I WOULDN'T TRADE IT FOR ANYTHING

Pass this to someone (over age 40, of course), and brighten their day by helping
    them to remember that life's most simple pleasures are very often the best!

3. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Truth in all those words.

4. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    Bubba and Billy Joe are walking down the street in Atlanta, and they see
    a sign on a store which reads, "Suits $5.00 each! , shirts $2.00 each,
    trousers $2.50 each. Bubba says to his pal, "Billy Joe, Look here! We
    could buy a whole gob of these, take'em back to Sand Mountain, sell 'em
    to our friends, and make a fortune. Just let me do the talkin' 'cause if
    they hear your accent, they might think we're ignorant, and not wanna
    sell that stuff to us. Now, I'll talk in a slow Georgia drawl so's they
    don't know we is from Alabama."
    They go in and Bubba says with his best fake Georgia drawl, "I'll take
    50 of them suits at $5.00 each, 100 of them there shirts at $2.00 each,
    50 pairs of them there trousers at $2.50 each. I'll back up my pickup
    and..."
    The owner of the shop interrupts, "Ya'll from South Alabama, ain't ya?"
    "Well...yeah," says a surprised Bubba...."How come you knowed that?"
    "Because this is a dry-cleaners."

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    boy I remember every one of those things and your right things was much better way back when. Sorry you youguns missed out on the fun.

6. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Good posts Darryl. I had no idea that those igets paid no social security tax. The government has gotten way to big, and out of control. The sad thing is we the people put them where they are. thier is a lot of wisdom in that old saying; keep it simple stupid. It makes me sick when i consider what my grandchildren are going to be faced with as adults.

7. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    Subject: Fifty States

FIFTY States Of The United States

Alabama 1901, Preamble. We the people of the State of Alabama, invoking the favor and guidance of Almighty God, do ordain and establish the following Constitution.
    Alaska 1956, Preamble. We, the people of Alaska, grateful to God and to those who founded our nation and pioneered this great land.
    Arizona 1911, Preamble. We, the people of the State of Arizona, grateful to Almighty God for our liberties, do ordain this Constitution...
    Arkansas 1874, Preamble. We, the people of the State of Arkansas, grateful to Almighty God for the privilege of choosing our own form of government...
    California 1879, Preamble. We, the People of the State of California, grateful to Almighty God for our freedom.
    Colorado 1876, Preamble. We, the people of Colorado, with profound reverence for the Supreme Ruler of Universe.
    Connecticut 1818, Preamble. The People of Connecticut, acknowledging with gratitude the good Providence of God in permitting them to enjoy.
    Delaware 1897, Preamble. Through Divine Goodness all men have, by nature, the rights of worshipping and serving their Creator according to the dictates of their consciences.
    Florida 1885, Preamble. We, the people of the State of Florida, grateful to Almighty God for our constitutional liberty, establish this Constitution...
    Georgia 1777, Preamble. We, the people of Georgia, relying upon protection and guidance of Almighty God, do ordain and establish this Constitution...
    Hawaii 1959, Prea mble. We, the people of Hawaii, Grateful for Divine Guidance .. establish this Constitution.
    Idaho 1889, Preamble. We, the people of the State of Idaho, grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, to secure its blessings.
    Illinois 1870, Preamble. We, the people of the State of Illinois, grateful to Almighty God for the civil, political and religious liberty which He hath so long permitted us to enjoy and looking to Him for a blessing on our endeavors.
    Indiana 1851, Preamble. We, the People of the State of Indiana, grateful to Almighty God for the free exercise of the right to chose our form of government.
    Iowa 1857, Preamble. We, the People of the State of Iowa, grateful to the Supreme Being for the blessings hitherto enjoyed, and feeling our dependence on Him for a continuation of these blessings establish this Constitution.
    Kansas 1859, Preamble. We, the people o f Kansas, grateful to Almighty God for our civil and religious privileges establish this Constitution.
    Kentucky 1891, Preamble. We, the people of the Commonwealth are grateful to Almighty God for the civil, political and religious liberties...
    Louisiana 1921, Preamble. We, the people of the State of Louisiana, grateful to Almighty God for the civil, political and religious liberties we enjoy.
    Maine 1820, Preamble. We the People of Maine acknowledging with grateful hearts the goodness of_the Sovereign Ruler of the Universe in affording us an opportunity ... and imploring His aid and direction.
    Maryland 1776, Preamble. We, the people of the state of Maryland, grateful to Almighty God for our civil and religious liberty...
    Massachusetts 1780, Preamble. We...the pe! ople of Massachusetts, acknowledging with grateful hearts, the goodness of the Great Legislator of the Universe .. in the course of His Providence, an opportunity and devoutly imploring His direction ..
    Michigan 1908, Preamble. We, the people of the State of Michigan, grateful to Almighty God for the blessings of freedom establish this Constitution.
    Minnesota, 1857, Preamble. We, the people of the State of Minnesota, grateful to God for our civil and religious liberty, and desiring to perpetuate its blessings:
    Mississippi 1890, Preamble. We, the people of Mississippi in convention assembled, grateful to Almighty God, and invoking His blessing on our work.
    Missouri 1845, Preamble. We, the people of Missouri, with profound reverence for the Supreme Ruler of the Universe, and grateful for His goodness .. establish this Constitution ..
    Montana 1889, Preamble. We, the people of Montana, grateful to Almighty God for the blessings of liberty establish this Constitution ...
    Nebraska 1875, Preamble. We, the people, grateful to Almighty God for our freedom .. establish this Constitution.
    Nevada 1864, Preamble. We the people of the State of Nevada, grateful to Almighty God f or our freedom establish this Constitution ...
    New Hampshire 1792, Part I. Art. I. Sec. V. Every individual has a natural and unalienable right to worship God according to the dictates of his own conscience.
    New Jersey 1844, Preamble. We, the people of the State of New Jersey, grateful to Almighty God for civil and religious liberty which He hath so long permitted us to enjoy, and looking to Him for a blessing on our endeavors. !
    < U>New Mexico 1911, Preamble. We, the People of New Mexico, grateful to Almighty God for the blessings of liberty
    New York 1846, Preamble . We, the people of the State of New York, grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, in order to secure its blessings.
    North Carolina 1868, Preamble . We the people of the State of North Carolina, grateful to Almighty God, the Sovereign Ruler of Nations, for our civil, political, and religious liberties, and acknowledging our dependence upon Him for the continuance of those .
    North Dakota 1889, Preamble. We, the people of North Dakota, g rateful to Almighty God for the blessings of civil and religious liberty, do ordain...
    Ohio 1852, Preamble. We the people of the state of Ohio, grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, to secure its blessings and to promote our common
    Oklahoma 1907, Preamble. Invoking the guidance of Almighty God, in order to secure and perpetuate the blessings of liberty . establish this ..
    Oregon 1857, Bill of Rights, Article I. Section 2 All men shall be secure in the Natural right, to worship Almighty God according to the dictates of their consciences..
    Pennsylvania 1776, Preamble . We, the people of Pennsylvania, grateful to Almighty God for the! blessin gs of civil and religious liberty, and humbly invoking His guidance
    Rhode Island 1842, Preamble. We the People of the State of Rhode Island grateful to Almighty God for the civil and religious liberty which He hath so long permitted us to enjoy, and looking to Him for a blessing
    South Carolina, 1778, Preamble. We, the people of he State of South Carolina grateful to God for our liberties, do ordain and establish this Constitution.
    South Dakot a 1889, Preamble. We, the people of South Dakota, grateful to Almighty God for our civil and religious liberties ...
    Tennessee 1796, Art. XI.III. That all men have a natural and indefeasible right to worship Almighty God according to the dictates of their conscience...
    Texas 1845, Preamble. We the People of the Republic of Texas, acknowledging, with gratitude, the grace and beneficence of God.
    Utah 1896, Preamble. Grateful to Almighty God for life and liberty, we establish this Constitution.
    Vermont 1777, Preamble. Whereas all government ought to ... enable the individuals who compose it to enjoy their natural rights, and other blessings which the Author of Existence has bestowed on man ..
    Virginia 1776, Bill of Rights, XVI ... Religion, or the Duty which we owe our Creator .. can be directed only by Reason . and that it is the mutual duty of all to practice Christian Forbearance, Love and Charity towards each other .
    Washington 1889, Preamble. We the People of the State of Washington, grateful to the Supreme Ruler of the Universe for our liberties, do ordain this Constitution
    West Virginia 1872, Preamble. Since through Divine Providence we enjoy the blessings of civil, political and religious liberty, we, the people of West Virginia reaffirm our faith in and constant reliance upon God ...
    Wisconsin 1848, Preamble.&nb! sp; We, the people of Wisconsin, grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, domestic tranquility
    Wyoming 1890, Preamble. We, the people of the State of Wyoming, grateful to God for our civil, political, and religious liberties .. establish this Constitution.
    After reviewing acknowledgments of God from all 50 state constitutions, one is faced with the prospect that maybe, just maybe, the ACLU and the out-of-control federal courts are wrong!
    "Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants." - William Penn
    If you found this to be "Food for thought.." copy and send to as many as you can!
    GOD BLESS AMERICA

8. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    quote of a bit slipshot steve posted

I had no idea that those igets paid no social security tax. The government has gotten way to big, and out of control. The sad thing is we the people put them where they are.

yeah its funny how they dont follow suit the same rules and plans they
    force us to follow.
    it reminds me of the old sayin whats fair for the goose is fair for the gander.

also seems funny that laws arent meant to be applied to them either.
    they are above the law.
    they can drive drunk and take lives and still hold there 6 fiqure jobs with all the perks and not bat an eyelash.
    the way they vote their selves these absorbiant raises and pensions
    ought to be grounds for dismissal .
    what working class person wouldnt want to vote himself a raise and a great retirement?
    can we??? of course not why do they think theycan get away with this ?
    because they arent held accountable.

9. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    The health benefits of peroxide.

This was written by Becky Ransey of Indiana

"I would like to tell you of the benefits of that plain little old
    bottle of 3% peroxide you can get for under $1.00 at any drug store. My
    husband has been in the medical field for over 36 years, and most
    doctors don't tell you about peroxide, or they would lose thousands of
    dollars."

1. Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and
    hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out. (I do it
    when I bathe)

No more canker sores and your teeth will be whiter without expensive
    pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash. (Small print says mouth wash and
    gargle right on the bottle)

2. Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of "Peroxide" to keep them free
    of germs.

3. Clean your counters, table tops with peroxide to kill germs and leav e
    a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe, or
    spray it on the counters.

4. After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to
    kill salmonella and other bacteria.

5. I had fungus on my feet for years - until I sprayed a 50/50 mixture
    of peroxide and water on them (especially the toes) every night and let
    dry.

6. Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes
    several times a day. My husband has seen gangrene that would not heal
    with any medicine, but was healed by soaking in peroxide.

8. Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water and
    keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic
    system like bleach or most other disinfectants will.

9. Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture
    whenever you have a cold, or plugged sinuses. It will bubble and help to
    kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes then blow your nose into a
    tissue.

10. If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right
    away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten
    minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.

11. And of course, if you like a natural look to your hair, spray the
    50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through. You
    will not have the peroxide burnt blonde hair like the hair dye packages,
    but more natural highlights if your hair is a light brown, faddish, or
    dirty blonde. It also lightens gradually so it's not a drastic change.

12. Put half a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils,
    fungus, or other skin infections.

13. You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of
    whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there is blood on clothing,
    Pour directly on the soiled sp ot. Let it sit for a minute, then rub it
    and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary.

14. I use peroxide to clean my mirrors with, and there is no smearing
    which is why I love it so much for this.

I could go on and on. It is a little brown bottle no home should be
    without! With prices of most necessities rising, I'm glad there's a way
    to save tons of money in such a simple, healthy manner.

Send on to others who might need to know the benefits of 3% peroxide

10. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Darryl, good info about Peroxide.. we've used it for years.

11. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    UNBELIEVABLE MATH PROBLEM
    Here is a math trick so unbelievable that it will stump you.
    1. Grab a calculator. (you won't be able to do this one in your
    head)
    2. Key in the first three digits of your phone number (NOT the
    area
    code)
    3. Multiply by 80
    4. Add 1
    5. Multiply by 250
    6. Add the last 4 digits of your phone number
    7. Add the last 4 digits of your phone number again.
    8. Subtract 250
    9. Divide number by 2
    Do you recognize the answer?

12. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Finally! A great way to remember my phone #. I always forget it!!! LOL

13. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    In response to your first post. We are controlled like sheep by the elite!

14. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    This was just sent to me and it's profound, short and sweet

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
    Jesus Christ and the American G. I.

One died for your soul;
    The other for your freedom.

YOU MIGHT WANT TO PASS THIS ON
    AS MANY SEEM TO FORGET BOTH OF THEM !

15. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
  16. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    "Guest" workers explained...
    Since hearing the plan for treating illegal immigrants as
    "guest" workers, I now have undergone a complete reversal in my understanding of the proper meaning of words. I stupidly believed the definition of "guest" is one who is invited. Now I'm told this is no longer correct.
    For instance, if a burglar breaks into my home, he really
    becomes a guest who is only looking for a better life.
    Because he broke in for that reason, I must accept the
    obligation to provide him with living quarters, health care, education, and transportation.

He has as much "right" to my house as I do, but I have to pay taxes he doesn't; because the government doesn't
    really know he is a "guest" in my house and I am not allowed to turn him in.

He will get preferential treatment because he is a "guest" in my house, yet I can not say anything against him.

If I do vocalize my feelings, I must attend "sensitivity"
    training because I just don't understand how to accept
    my "guest" and his customs/religion/culture, etc.

I am also required to learn his language so that we may
    communicate.
    It is not necessary for him to learn mine because he is a
    "guest" in my house.
    I am not allowed to wave my flag, but he may fly or wave
    his flag anywhere he chooses, because he is my "guest".
    I am required to subsidize his family and provide for his
    family's needs.
    When I get paid, I must give a portion of it to him in the form of welfare and food stamps so he can get his food and supplies free and at reduced prices.
    Because any money he makes is all his, he can buy the luxuries for his family that I cannot afford for my family, but I have to be ok with that because he is now a resident in my house.
    I feel SO much better - now that I understand! . .

17. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    The 2005 Revised Version of The Declaration of Independence
    "We The People Of The United States"
    The following has been attributed to State Representative Mitchell Kaye from GA. This guy should run for President one day...
    "We the sensible people of the United States, in an attempt to help everyone get along, restore some semblance of justice, avoid more riots, keep our nation safe, promote positive behavior, and secure the blessings of debt free liberty to ourselves and our great-great-great-grandchildren, hereby try one more time to ordain and establish some common sense guidelines for the terminally whiny, guilt ridden, delusional, and other bed-wetters.
    We hold these truths to be self evident: that a whole lot of people are confused by the Bill of Rights and are so dim they require a Bill of NON-Rights as such:
    ARTICLE I : You do not have the right to a new car, big screen TV, or any other form of wealth. More power to you if you can legally acquire them, but no one is guaranteeing anything.
    ARTICLE II: You do not have the right to never be offended. This country is based on freedom, and that means freedom for everyone -- not just you! You may leave the room, turn the channel, express a different opinion, etc.; but the world is full of idiots, and probably always will be.
    ARTICLE III: You do not have the right to be free from harm. If you stick a screwdriver in your eye, learn to be more careful; do not expect the tool manufacturer to make you and all your relatives independently wealthy.
    ARTICLE IV: You do not have the right to free food and housing. Americans are the most charitable people to be found, and will gladly help anyone in need, but we are quickly growing weary of subsidizing generation after generation of professional couch potatoes who achieve nothing more than the creation of another generation of professional couch potatoes.
    ARTICLE V: You do not have the right to free health care. That would be nice, but from the looks of public housing, we're just not interested in public health care.
    ARTICLE VI: You do not have the right to physically harm other people. If you kidnap, rape, intentionally maim, or kill someone, don't be surprised if the rest of us want to see you fry in the electric chair.
    ARTICLE VII: You do not have the right to the possessions of others. If you rob, cheat, or coerce away the goods or services of other citizens, don't be surprised if the rest of us get together and lock you away in a place where you still won't have the right to a big screen color TV or a life of leisure.
    ARTICLE VIII: You do not have the right to a job. All of us sure want you to have a job, and will gladly help you along in hard times, but we expect you to take advantage of the opportunities of education and vocational training laid before you to make yourself useful.
    ARTICLE IX: You do not have the right to happiness. Being an American means that you have the right to PURSUE happiness, which by the way, is a lot easier if you are unencumbered by an over abundance of idiotic laws created by those of you who were confused by the Bill of Rights.
    ARTICLE X: This is an English speaking country. We don't care where you are from, English is our language. Learn it or go back to wherever you came from!
    (Lastly....)
    ARTICLE XI: You do not have the right to change our country's history or heritage. This country was founded on the belief in one true God. And yet, you are given the freedom to believe in any religion, any faith, or no faith at all; with no fear of persecution. The phrase IN GOD WE TRUST is part of our heritage and history, and if you are uncomfortable with it, TOUGH!!!!
    If you agree, share this with a friend. No, you don't have to, and nothing tragic will befall you if you don't. I just think it's about time common sense is allowed to flourish.
    Sensible people of the United States speak out because if you do not, who will?
    Vote - it's as American as an American can be!

18. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Darryl,

I Love it
    but it the Bill of No Rights was written by Lewis Napper.

I got the same thing while back saying it was written by State Representative Mitchell Aye from GA.
    Beats me why people have to change the facts... the truth is always just as interesting.

19. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    Crzylizard
    Rules for living in the apartment above me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 2005-12-07, 2:41AM EST

Thanks to the "Bonus Gravity" provided by my landlords, whoever moves in above me will weigh approximately nine times their normal weight. To remind me that you got the "Bonus Gravity" deal, please make sure to stomp your huge, ham-filled feet every step you take. If I cannot track your current location to within a centimeter, you aren't doing your job.

When not watching television, you should take it off the TV stand and face it, screen down, at the floor. Make sure to turn the volume up as loud as possible. If I cannot hear what lesson Kimmy Gibbler learned today on "Full House", I will petition for your eviction.

The best time for your idiot friends to come over is between 2:00 and 8:00 am or whenever I'm sleeping. Once you see my lights turn off, make sure your crazy pal Eddie is on his way over with that DVD of "The World's Largest Explosions - Caught on Film!"

All of your phones must have their ringer hooked up to a bass guitar amplifier. This way, when your phone rings for the 10,000th consecutive time without you picking it up, I will realize you must've accidentally tripped over and broke your 1500-pound skull on the coffee table and I should probably alert the proper authorities.

When shutting doors, pretend the Grim Reaper himself is chasing you throughout your house. Slam them as hard as possible to prevent him from sneaking into your place causing the hundreds of filthy plants you own to die.

Taking a shower at 3:00 am is perfectly acceptable. Since my apartment is lined with hundreds of different pipes which carry water to approximately 17 different countries, make sure to urge your friends to take showers at the same time.

Every day at 8:00 pm, you should drop something large and heavy such as:
    -A refrigerator
    -A wheelbarrow full of lead and concrete
    -A month's collection of all the Slim Jims and yahoo you consume
    -The entire world

If you don't have access to any of those items, then just trip and fall over. Try to at least be holding some cinder blocks while doing so.

When speaking to a friend who has come over to visit and toss bowling balls around your apartment, make sure to use a megaphone whenever laughing at something he says. This way I'll know your friend is a very funny and witty man (who cannot catch bowling balls).

The "bass" knob on your stereo stands for "Better Acoustic Sounding Songs" and should be cranked up as loud as possible to reflect quality. Try to listen only to rap, techno, and anything which features a kick drum the size of a delivery van. If the song has lyrics, you should turn the bass up so high that it sounds like the the singer is repeatedly chanting, "mwog bbblrrgm gwaf."

Don't ever leave your apartment. Ever. Ypsilanti air is known for its trace amounts of cyanide floating around in it, so it's safer for you to simply hibernate in there for the next nine years.

Much like in exciting video games, hitting surrounding objects with a hammer may reveal magic prizes hidden inside. Smack everything you can find with a hammer or large wooden board. Then smack the wooden board with a hammer because, who knows, it might be a trick.

When the power in the entire block goes out at 10:00 PM and you notice everybody else's lights are off, be sure to shout, "DID THE POWER GO OFF?!?" out your window. There could be a family a few miles away that still has power, in which case you could go over to their house and borrow a cup of electricity so you may operate the jackhammer you've got going in your kitchen.

20. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    i seem to think i remember this being posted before but i think its worth a repost if not please overlook it

TO ALL THE KIDS
    WHO SURVIVED the
    1930's 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's !!
    First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they were pregnant.
    They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a can, and didn't get tested for diabetes.
    Then after that trauma, we were put to sleep on our tummies in baby cribs covered with bright colored lead-based paints.
    We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets, not to mention, the risks we took hitchhiking.
    As infants & children, we would ride in cars with no car seats, booster seats, seat belts or air bags.
    Riding in the back of a pick up on a warm day was always a special treat.

We drank water from the garden hose and NOT from a bottle.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE actually died from this.
    We ate cupcakes, white bread and real butter and drank koolade made with sugar, but
    we weren't overweight because
    WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING !

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on.
    No one was able to reach us all day. And we were O.K.
    We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem.
    We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's, X-boxes, no video games at all, no 150 channels on cable, no video movies or DVD's, no surround-sound or CD's, no cell phones, no personal computers, no Internet or chat rooms.......
    WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!
    We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no
    lawsuits from these accidents.
    We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever.
    We were given BB guns for our 10th birthdays, made up games with sticks and tennis balls and, although we were told it would happen, we did not put out very
    many eyes.
    We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just walked in and talked to them!
    Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!!
    The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of.
    They actually sided with the law!
    These generations have produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever!
    The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.
    We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned
    HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL!
    If YOU are one of them . . CONGRATULATIONS!
    You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated so much of our lives
    for our own good.
    And while you are at it, forward it to your kids so they will know how brave (and lucky) their parents were.
    Kind of makes you want to run through the house with scissors, doesn't it?!
    The quote of the month is by Jay Leno:
    "With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks,"Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?"
    For those that prefer to think that God is not watching over us....go ahead and delete this.
    For the rest of us.....pass this on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------