Interesting Fishing Comparison

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by WylieCat, May 9, 2006.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    On Sunday a buddy and myself fished in cool weather, wind, and rain all day. We started out on Lake Norman, a very large resevoir in NC and fished until around 1:00pm. We only caught one blue cat of any size and some dinkers.

At lunch we loaded the boat and moved down the river chain to Mt. Island Lake which is directly below Lake Norman. Almost from the begiing we caught fish, including some blues in the 7-10 pound range. The bite was not out of this world, but we caught a lot more fish in the smaller lake downstream than we did in the large one.

The reason I make this post is to show how different the fishing can be in the same conditions but on different bodies of water. This was the first time I have been able to "hop lakes" in the same day and see how fishing was. What does this prove...well...I don't really know!!! I guess that sometimes it is just the waters are not really active while others nearby may be.

Just some food for thought.

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    The cold front could have changed the smaller lakes temperture a little faster and caused a difference in feeding activity.Just my thought.