Interesting facts about my family

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by gargoil77, Feb 17, 2008.

1. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Found out not long ago that my 2nd or 3rd cousin from Paducah, Ky was part of a team that built/designed the thing that held the atomic bomb in the Enola Gay that fell upon Hiroshima. My mom showed me a newspaper article she has from the paper in Paducah about him and how it came about that he was chosen to be a part of this team. I thought that it was pretty interesting that someone kin to me had something to do with that piece of history.
    Other interesting things about my family: My 24th great grandfather was King Edward I "Longshanks" of England. The King that had Braveheart killed and dismembered. My kids (through me ex wife) is the 3rd or 4th cousin of Ulysses S. Grant.
    Who has some interesting history in their family?

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I discovered that my father was my mothers brother. LOL! Pretty much explains me! LOL!:crazy:

3. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    :cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:

4. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    not sure how far back my brother got in family tree search , but he had some interesting reading on some of our kin from arkansas , and tennessee .
    some civil war letters surfaced and some hardship stories arose as well .
    ive wrote this on here before , but in the tradition of my pop i will tell a story again if i think it was good enough to hear more than once .
    this is a true story but it sounds like a riddle..........................

a family of 13 brothers , 11 daughters , a father and a mother with NO sons in the family.... how can that be????

anyhow hopefully no decendents of braveheart are BOC members for your sake mark . LOL

my granpa was an unsuccessful shiner he lost 2 farms over it . my dad and aunt hid in the barn when the feds came up the 2nd time and busted hundreds of bottles against a large rock in the barn lot .
    they said they remember seeing the black shoes of the men as they carried out and destroyed the bottles he had stored .
    they were small children and ended up being sent to live with their aunt and uncle here in illinois .

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR

BG, I wouldn'tbey surprised to find out me and you were kin folk:smile2:.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I can hear the banjos playin in the background...:crazy::wink::smile2:

Interesting thread. Nothing interesting about my family that I know of....:confused2:

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

Thats just my sisters. LOL! I hear em all the time.:confused2:

8. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Funny that you say that cause one co-worker told me that he was kin to Braveheart. He told me that before I told him about Longshanks.

9. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Should we submit this for George in the Prayer Request post?

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

No need its too late. LOL! Besides if ya mention my name to him watch out for lightning. LOL!