Interesting documentary coming up

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by dusky, Jun 10, 2007.

1. dusky

dusky Member

State:
    indiana
    Hey guys, there's an interesting looking documentary coming up that details the water quality of the Maumee River Basin. The description follows:
    PBS39’s latest documentary presentation, ​
    A WATERSHED MENTALITY takes a
    look at the health and status of the Maumee River Basin and how we can best protect and possibly even improve this vital natural resource to our region. It premieres Thursday, June 28 at 10:30pm with a special encore on Friday, June 29 at 7:30pm. In this documentary, viewers will learn about the range and overall impact of activities
    along the Maumee River basin, from the confluence of the Maumee, St. Joseph andSt. Mary’s Rivers in Fort Wayne all the way to where the Maumee flows throughOhio and into Lake Erie. Viewers will learn about how practices upstream along a watershed not only affect their lives and businesses where they are, but have a lasting and major impact upon every living being downstream and
    beyond. This documentary, produced and directed by PBS39’s Ray Steup, was funded through a grant from the City of Fort Wayne’s Board of Public Works, and produced in cooperation with the USDA, The Great Lakes Commission, The Great Lakes basin Program for Erosion and sediment control and the Allen County (Indiana) Partnership for Water Quality.

2. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    thanks very much for the heads up dusky!!! i have been thinking about launching my boat in the fort. maybe you could give me some tips on were to go,as i havent ever floated the rivers in town. shoot you could tag along too if you wanted. please, p.m. me with any info you care to share on this subject. thx in advance, tim.

keep up the good work for our waters, gary!

3. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    just a heads up:

tried to get on the maumee today dusky ,but she was too low to float the boat off. so, i went to shoaf park and fished up to 469. caught a bunch of channels(30 or so) in the 2-5# range on danny kings. water was 78* and movin slow. fished from 8 till 3pm in the log jambs.

4. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Dusky & RiverScum:

Did you guys get a chance to watch that documentary? If you taped it I would be interested in getting a copy.

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana

no you wouldnt, lol

6. dusky

dusky Member

State:
    indiana
    Man, I missed the documentary I told everyone would be worth watching. My excuse: I was too busy catching catfish! I'm gonna check with the local PBS station though and see if I can borrow a copy. If I'm successful, I'll let you know Fishgeek.

7. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    good excuse there! lol