Interesting day of fishing

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by splitshot, Aug 10, 2006.

1. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Went channel cat fishing in the south bay of champlain today. Caught four small channels on chicken liver. As my son was reeling in a bass grabbed his shad head that he was fishing with. The nasty thing weighed 5 lbs. It happened to him twice, the second one weighed 2 lbs. I had caught a bluegill, and dropped it when i was taking it off the hook. It no sooner hit the ground than a water snake shot out of a hole and grabbed it by the head. Scared the crappp out of me. That snake tried for 10 min. to swallow that fish, but couldnt get further than the head. Once he realized he couldnt swallow it, he released it and spent the next half hr. just starring at me, It was like he was waiting for another fish. Kinda freaked me out. So that was my day ,how was yours?

2. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    LOL, sounds like an eventfull day of fishing. I've had those days where all sorts of strange things happen around the same time, kind of a spooky feeling.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

souds like some excitment. Me and that snake would have had a heart to heart due to the fact mine would have popped out of my chest when he jumped out and got that fish. lol

4. Kentucky_Cat_Hunter

Kentucky_Cat_Hunter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Me and a friend were fishing a couple weeks ago, using small whole shad and fishing about 15 feet deep when all the sudden my buddy's float goes under and he thinks he's got a pretty good catfish on. Turns out it was a small bass, lol. He didn't catch a cat all day.

We didn't run into any snakes though, I don't care much for snakes.

5. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    Wow, what a crazy day. At least you had some excitement. Darn bass, last fall I was catching bait when a 4 lb smallmouth inhaled a greenie (green sunfish) as I was reeling it in. Never got a hook in it but it was too stubborn to let go for a while.

The snake thing is cool. To think it was sitting there by you all that time but never bothered to show itself. Eerie isn't it.

6. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    You could have used that snake for cut bait.

Just kidding.

:0a26: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

:cat:

7. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    ok lets go over this again.... the only good snake is a dead snake... boots, purse, belt, wallet, hat band... etc....
    Lisa

8. Maynard

Maynard New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    man i,m scared of those snakes myself i don,t care if you are not supposed to kill them if i get the opportunity he is history

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I don't like snakes,a snakes that comes flying out of a hole to get my fish wellllllllllllllllll lets just ay bring some clean clothes over here I'm gonna need em.! I couldn't stood him setting there a watchin me either so siree,he can go watch somewhere a long way away from me!!:eek:oooh: Pk powell

10. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Veerrryy funnny ACe:lol: That snake was looking at me like i was desert.

11. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Yesterday morning I was out fishing till I got rained out. Was using about a 5" bluegill for bait and I started to get a small run so I set the hook and it didn't feel like much, turned out to be a 12" smallmouth that's eyes were a little bigger then his stomach and mouth, I can't believe he was actually able to get my size 5/0 hook in his mouth.