Interesting christmas gifts to put together

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by tncatfishing, Dec 22, 2005.

1. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Who has a present this christmas for their child that is gonna be hard to put together without them knowing it? I have a 12 foot trampoline with enclosure, I might try and put it together saturday night or in the garage either way I have to get it together without her seeing it, it is suppose to be from santa. As is the horse swing that I have to get together and hung on her wood swing set without her seing it for christmas. Gonna be interesting but well worth it. Lets hear from yall.

2. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    I have a lil tikes race car bed to put together for Bubba from Santa. I too have to put it together in his bedroom without him knowing it. The bed sides and everything is being stored in our bedroom, I had to take everything out of the box as it would not fit through the front doors. LOL. We have grandma taking him out for lunch on Christmas eve so I figure I have a total of 2 hours to put it all together before they come home. I hope Santa has a hotline number for instructions!

3. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Hotline number for help heck, how about santa send some of those elfes over to help.

4. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Thank The Lord, my children are grown! :D :D

5. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Mark, that trampoline isn't too hard. LOL I put one together about a year and a half ago. LOL It was easy and didn't take real long either. I had one friend helping too. About 4 days is all!!!!!!! LOL Good luck,

6. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Four days!!! I better get home and start now.

7. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Not quite assembly but my daughter was just given a new office at work and told "you can repaint it if you want". Guess who's got roped in to go decorate over Christmas. :) Top, it doesn't matter if they are grown or not they always know where to come for help. But that's why they love us ,right?...W

8. roh1961

roh1961 New Member

State:
    Texas
    You might check with your insurance company about having a trampoline on your property. I had a friend that had to get rid of one or lose coverage when he offhandedly mentioned to his agent that he had one. They are getting ridiculiously strict about trampolines and swimming pools.

9. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    naaaa, more like 45 mins

10. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    This trampoline is fully enclosed and padded no exposed areas to cause injury, hopefully.

11. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Thanks Tony!! LOL Mark, it really took about 2 hours to put the whole thing together. We had the one from Wally World. Trampoline and the enclosure. Just make sure you follow those directions exact. LOL Otherwise you'll be taking stuff apart and doing it twice. I used to work on 45 million dollar helicopters and that trampoline nearly kicked my butt. LOL

12. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    Bryan is right. We had the damn thing put to gether to figure our that it was wrong...time to start all over. You should be fine, since we refused to read the directions. LOL

13. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Mark wear gloves and use a screwdriver for the last couple of springs and it will be alot easier. Also you can use a spring to pull the other springs until it starts getting tight but by all means wear gloves or your hands will pay the price.

14. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Make it simple
    1st 2 springs, directly across from one another
    next 2, halfway between the first two
    keep dividing the sections in half and work your way around the trampoline.

see diagram, red is 1st set of springs, blue is 2nd set, and green is 3rd set.

And so on around the trampoline.

Attached Files: