Interesting catfish selling

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Catmanblues, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Stopped by Super America other night an a two guy had some nice cats (2) in the back of their truck. When some asked em what he was going to do with em, of course we would all be asked that question to my surprise the magic words came out. A guy around Glouster buys em when they are this big. Even gave the guys name for which I did not know till now. Seems like this guy is ready for a big setup real soon.

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hope you bust his A$$!:cool2:

3. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    were they in water alive or just laying in the back of the bed??

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Just fish caught off limb lines that he mentioned.

5. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    yeah but said mentioned guy has to take his word if he said i caught them out of a private pond then his word is his word not that it means crap or that it is wrong, but i have spoke with said gentleman and i got the same response

who has been laid off for 9 months i have a family i care deeply about as i assume all of you do money is money i am not saying i would rob a store or even sell fat flatties but.....but..... what would you do for your family...
    not wanting to start any arguments or create hatred toward myself but what if??? i mean what if you were in someone elses shoes
    Think about it guys really

6. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    TOBY very good point ,the way thing r now ,some people will do things they would not normally do, to make some money .not that ,that makes it any less against the law

7. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    thank god i never run into this stuff, i think i would go crazy on somebody... That and having a game warden on speed dial is nice:wink:

8. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    well i would say posting it on here is not the best thing to do if you think it could lead to getting someone busted later on down the line.if fish selling is supposedly so big,wouldn't you think that maybe a friend of a friend could be seeing this kind of stuff and letting their buddies know?

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Alot of people that are selling fish dont need the money, they are just doing it for extra money.

10. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    :eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh: i guess you have to see it to realize what all us guys that public fish is pissed off about people that fish by illeagal limber lines and selling to those scum lakes of the world :angry::angry::confused2: hello mcfly

11. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    i would never sell a trophy catfish to a paylake there is fast food resturats that is always hiring mcdonalds is still the top fast food resturat in the country or hell wally world is always hiring all the time

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  12. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I worked with a group of guys that were fish sellers..they made at least 50 thousand a year at there jobs, but fished the weekends, and sold the fish to make extra money, so they could by more toys.

Dont believe the crap that they are poor and hungery and just trying to feed there family.

13. skinnerbug

skinnerbug New Member

State:
    brandenburg ky
    hmmm guys unless you walk in some 1 shoes never say never to take care of my family id sell any fish i caught id run YOUR lines id do what ever it would take to feed and take care of them wally world dont hire all the time and food stamps aint that easy to get i know that for a fact and if your with your spouse you can forget just about any gov help i know this for a fact they did hint to me to leave them and they would take good care of them lol you can guess my ansure its starts with the letter f never had to ask for food stamps but never happens some times trust me guys its gonna get a lot worse before it gets better

14. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    YEA IT IS GONNA GET WORSE..But what after seveal years of selling fish there just aint enough big fish left to sell..WHATS NEXT, Robbing stores, shooting farmers cattle for food...I guess I would do it if my familys life was at stake, lets hope it dont get that far, but I fear it will.

15. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    spare us the bleeding heart stuff, might check your estogen levels:wink: lol

I've never broke the law and stole anything for any reason-- that makes you a punk... like Jimmy said, (kinda) have some integrity be a man and get a job.

16. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Thats the same paylake that I know who buys them. Thing that pisses me off the most is that they come from the Muskingum River most of the time. This river or any river doesn't need that type of fishing.

17. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    No it's a good idea to post here as the ODNR also watches this site among others so maybe it will get the attention even faster then I can spread the word. I have a speed dial but that could not catch someone that fast selling correct?

18. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I would not walk in the shoes of another. Too many odds an end jobs out there for a man or woman. Fishing is a right an a hobby not a selling hobby which the ones that are selling them it is a habit if you may. Food stamps are easy to get now a days even if you have 75K in the bank just seen it on the news about a women getting them an she still had all this money so that's a terrible excuse. When you have people come up to someone naming a place that buys nice fish like that do you think the guys that had them took right off an went to that PP to sell them? I highly doult it. These young gentlemen that told about where you could sell them looked like the type that would steal from you an I to me but that's an opinion. There are no excuses for a paylake to be telling everyone they would buy bigger fish.
    I catch what ya meant in the post but in this day it's not gonna happen that you would starve I could guarantee that too many friends are around to let that happen.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  19. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    what if the fish were caught from a private body of water ??

20. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    :crazy:OH no, say it isn't so...Oh yea I forgot, "you" can do what ever you want because its "you" but everyone else is scum if they have views different than yours. Since I'm on your "ignore list" you won't get a chance to read this post so I hope some of your buddies can let you know what it says. And like I said in my response to your PM...you are two faced...bash someone else for something but its OK if its you!:angry: