interesting catch....

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by BigOBear, Jul 31, 2008.

1. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    Single Dad of 5, love to camp and fish, blah blah blah, so with time, or lack thereof, I don't date much. But when I do, I always bring up how much the camping and fishing means to me and the kiddos. My buddies at work tease me because I'm the only one they know that consistently takes my dates to Bass Pro or Cabelas (wearing my overalls) within the first two dates to see how she is with it. Hey... I don't want to waste anybody's time :) I want them to know who I am right up front.

I've met some very interesting ladies. Some of them sweet, some of them... let's just leave it at "interesting". But until now, the ladies have always said... Oh yea, I love to fish! And yet when I start asking them to the lake... something always comes up. Now though, the lady I'm currently seeing, jumped at the chance to go fishing a couple of weeks ago and had an absolutely wonderful time. She was more excited about catching those bluegill for bait than the kids were. I've never seen anyone get so excited about catching fish. And talk about squealing when we were pulling the cats into the boat... whew. I was a gentleman and baited her hook and took the fish off, but when she'd see I was busy re-rigging a pole or helping one of the kiddos or whatever, she'd bait her own hook or try to take the fish off. Didn't take her long to jump on the kiddos side and start teasing me about not catching fish because I was running from one end of the boat to the other helping them all. Joined right in the friendly competition they always have back and forth. She jumped right in around camp helping with the chores. She is a bit squeamish about skinning fish or even watching it done though. Always smiling and happy. Makes good peanut butter cookies.

So, I'm thinking... wow, this is alright. I'm going to have to see how this develops. So yesterday, she asks... "Hey what do you have planned for Labor Day weekend." I'm thinking to myself, Hrmm... I just met the sister... Oh boy... bet she's about to ask me to go meet the parents. So I say, "Oh, not much that I know of why?" Know what she said? She says, "because I was wondering if you'd like to take me back to Choke Canyon to go camping and fishing!"

Reckon I've caught a keeper or maybe she's just got me pegged and figured out? Hrmm...or maybe both......... :0a23:

Anyhow... just some ramblings. I've seen so many interesting and varied opinions all over this wonderful site about so many different things that I thought I'd throw this out and watch the advice and opinions roll in :)

Jimmy

P.S. Check yall later... gotta go meet her for lunch and see if she's baked any more cookies......

2. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Pics, or it never happened!:smile2:

Sounds like a goodun! Enjoy your lunch.

3. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Congrats man! Lookin' like ya might have snagged a keeper! Wish the best for ya!

4. CATFISHING1

CATFISHING1 New Member

State:
    MO.
    CPR! CPR! just kidding have fun and congrats on the new happyness

5. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Gotta go with Dave on this one. Where's the pics. Inquiring minds want to know!lol! Anyhow, sounds like you caught a keeper. Good luck. If the kids like her too, go for it!!:wink:

6. roondad

roondad New Member

State:
    ill.
    sounds like she could be The ONE:wink:, don't need to show pics. cookies would be evidence enough for me:smile2:. good luck and best wishes.
    Al

7. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    Her with one my son caught a couple weeks back that we turned a loose. She caught the bait used to catch the cat so she got a pic too :)

http://www.catfish1.com/gallery/files/2/2/8/7/4/bonnie-22.jpg

I've let her meet the older 3. I'm always hesitant about letting my wee-est two meet anyone. They tend to get attached easy.

8. Pacman

Pacman New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Take it real slow til you figure out who's hooked and who's reeling in? Sounds like you might be onto something, don't lose it by setting the hook before it's time!

9. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    She looks really happy so she may not be playin games. I do know of people that have had their ladies pretend to like fishin, only to play them in the end. Id say keep takin her and see how she does when you dont catch fish and see what she says when you go without her. My wife loves to fish and she is my favorite fishin buddy. And she has outfished all of my local friends and really gets a kick out of that.:smile2: If she can hang for atleast one whole season, Id say put her on the stringer, shes a keeper.:wink::smile2: Sounds like you have a winner though. You think she could teach my wife to make peanut butter cookie?:smile2:

10. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Congrats on both of the catches.I agree with Roondad cookies sound good to me.

11. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Great day in the mornin', do you people need a PB cookie recipe or what? :big_smile: Do you prefer them crispy or chewy? With chopped peanuts or without? :smile2:

Oh wait, lemme rethink that.....seems y'all need somebody else to MAKE them. :wink:

In all seriousness, she sounds nice Jimmy. Hope it works out for ya bro.

12. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Well I dang sure don't have any advice, but it sounds like you found a great woman. Be good to her.:wink:

13. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Nice pic!

It's always a good sign when the girl is prettier than the fish.:wink:

Seriously, bein' alone in mid life really blows...believe me, I've got the tee shirt. I don't even know you, but I'm happy for you.

14. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
  15. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    She sounds like a winner. Congratulations!!