Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all! Just got back from spring break here in Alabama and thought I'd share with y'all what we had the most luck with. Chicken livers and fresh cut shad weren't producing so our neighbor at the lake gave us some old deer tenderloin he had frozen, long story short, they tore it up. We caught 5 over 10lbs, and 3 over 15. The big ones were all on jugs but we got a few on rods/reels too. Just FYI !

-Tight Lines!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with that last comment totally, but for some reason we just weren't gettin' any hits on the rods, well, nothing over 2lbs anyways, probably could have been because we weren't fishing more than 2 hours at a time. Got a lot of good fillets either way though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have to agree with Jason here. Blues will eat just about anything. Wife and I grill steaks at home when we get the chance and steak scraps make great blue bait. I have actually gotten to where i LOOK for steaks with a strip of grissle (or however you spell it) in them. All of the fatty trimings that arent eaten make great bait for blues.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Have to agree with Jason here. Blues will eat just about anything. Wife and I grill steaks at home when we get the chance and steak scraps make great blue bait. I have actually gotten to where i LOOK for steaks with a strip of grissle (or however you spell it) in them. All of the fatty trimings that arent eaten make great bait for blues.
What do you do with it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.