Interest in the club.

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by theonecatfishbob, Dec 9, 2007.

1. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I sure hope the club doesnt fade away as quickly as interest in these threads seems to have gone away. A club can only be as successful as the members efforts will allow it to be. It is cold and I have freezing rain at my house so I even I aint fishin. I am sure a lot of you are off the rivers too. Let us participate.

2. catfishsafari

catfishsafari New Member

State:
    missouri
    Ice sucks!. But our Fishing is at it's best from now untill March.

Of course Im a Westie and were not afraid of a little cold weather ( just the dark).

Attached Files:

3. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Nice Steve, but not all of us have heated cabins in our boats either. But, you really can't say I ain't been trying to catch fish...been out there the last two days in the cold, mist, rain, and ice.

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Great post Bob. I figured this month would slow down on the threads anyhow with the holidays and all. Its a time to be with your families and friends and relax. A great time to reflect on great times this past year, and strategize and look forward to 2008 on the waterways. I intentionally placed the first meeting in January so the excitement for Gateway Cats doesnt get lost in the holiday spirit. Beginning in January we will aggressively push forward with our club and start all the balls rolling. We have club activities to schedule, a Monster Tourney to prepare for, and I have alot of work to do with finalizing the details for Cabelas and for the flyer. I'll be really busy the rest of this month in preparations, so please dont take my lack of numerous post as lack of interest. For now, I encourage all the future members to enjoy there families, and reflect on 2007 and eagerly look forward to 2008. There is alot of exciting things in the works for catfisherman as a whole, and I'm tremendously looking forward to getting all these projects up and and out of the gates.

God Bess You All and Merry Christmas. May your stocking be filled with Cabelas Gift Certificates :smile2:

5. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Oh I fish all winter. Have been for 10 or more years. I just got a thing about backing down a ice covered ramp. Mo. river ramps are a little too steep for that. And as low as the river is I am not going to try to clean the ice off. Way too much ramp exposed right now. But I will be back out there when all this freezing rain stops.

6. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I fish all winter also. This year though, I've decided to take a little break and fly quite a bit to stock up some cash. I'm planning on starting into the fishing pretty hard in February. As much as I love fishing, it is pretty nice to take a break every now and then and spend some time with the Mrs and the youngans. Not to mention, the more I get done in Dec and Jan at the house, the longer my kitchen pass gets. :smile2:

7. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I guess it wouldn't have been so bad if we were in Darryl's rig yesterday....Didn't he have a big heater attached to the top of a propane tank???? :smile2: I have got to get me one of those!:roll_eyes:

8. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    He must of had one of those infrared heaters.. They don't cost much Gary and a tank of propane lasts a long long time..

Hey Bob if you get one of them heaters, I might even fish this winter with you.. Maybe Santa will bring me a set of overalls.. I might even buy some salt for those slick ramps.. But we still need a smaller anchor.. My shoulder still hurts.. hehehe

9. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    If I have to call and pester each and every one of you, the club is not going to fade away.. We've needed a club in this area for quite a spell and thanks to Cuz's determination we are finally going to have one.. What better way to spend time than with new friends, a few times a month or more.. Lets see there's cuzfest, monthly meetings, tourney's, and then just the odd get together with a few members every month.. I don't know about you guys but I'm really looking forward to it.. I'm not a diehard fisherman, but I do like fishing, BSing and meeting and making new friends and visiting with old friends.. Now can you see anything wrong with that picture.. Geeze, I'm really long winded today.. Must be the weather... hehehe

10. Randy Jones

Randy Jones New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Hey Bob
    We are down here in eastern Oklahoma, we don't have quite the cold winters or ice & snow as yall do we fish tournaments Oct thru May sometimes we have to postpone one not to often though. We have some Missouri members with us if you want fish with us your more than welcome. Get in touch with me for more info. Randy Jones President POLEBENDERS CATFISH CLUB

11. catfishsafari

catfishsafari New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'm Going fish in the COLD, The ICE, RAIN, WIND, SNOW, you cant stop me!!. No way!!, No how!!, Nothing!!! Will keep me from fishing this time of year!!!... ( Well as long as I have propane for my boat heater anyway...).

12. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Dang, Steve, you got the setup for winter fishing, that's for sure. Does Truman get ice covered in the late winter? Usually in Late December,- Early February, the Mississippi has ice chunks the size of cars in it.:eek:oooh: So, I think I am pretty much done fishing for the year. If I had a boat, well, I'd probably be out there today too. Nothing else to do. Yesterday, I never really got cold while we were fishing, just the ride back to the ramp. That wind cut right through the clothes I was wearing. Funny thing though. Piperat, and myself were ready to call it a day. The guys driving the boat, (the guys who had consoles to hide behind,) wanted to stay and fish! I need to rig something up in Cuz's boat for the February trips. He's got dual consoles to hind behind. I might buy me a Mr.Heater to help keep warm.:wink:

13. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Bad thing is Gary...I have one just never would of thought to put it in the boat till I seen him with one in his.

14. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Hey Gary, are you going to get a 18-60 or a 20-72 next year...

15. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Depending on price, I will settle for nothing smaller than a 2072.:wink:

16. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I looked alot last year.. I think I want a 1860.. It's big enough for 2 to fish comfortable and still easy for 1 person to handle by himself.. And it can get into more places.. Also I can pull it with my jeep..

17. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Gary, my buddy just got a quote from Cooks. A 24x72 with a 175 hp Suzuki will run about 27,500. That is not a Big Daddy. It is open all the way through. It does have the v bottom like the Big Daddy. Dont know how much it would be with a yammie on it

18. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Right now, the boat I got on my mine is identical to Darryl's but with a built in fuel tank. Only problem is, I hate the fact that Sea Ark did away with the belly tank, and added the front fuel tank. That makes the front deck huge, and I don't need a casting deck. I just need one big enough to throw my net. That fuel tank up front takes up alot of floor space in my mind. I plan on going with a Yamaha 115 4 stroke, but I'm gonna price the Suzuki too, and see how the two warrantys compares for the price. I have heard nothing but good about the Suzuki. But, I have always been a Mercury fan.....that was until I owned a Yammy. I am a die hard Yammy fan now.:wink:

19. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    If he gets it then there will be 2 floating barges out there on the river.. That's alot of boat.. I'm just a poor working stiff, I need someone to donate a boat to a good cause... MINE... hehehe

20. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    he said the fuel tank is in the belly again. I'm with you. I dont need deck space, I want room to move and put a livewell and storage. Thats what I like about my boat it is open all the way through. But I sure wish I had that 15 deree v they got on the new ones. Cuz put me to shame on that rough water at Louisana.