Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...I posted this a couple of days ago in a different section, but I just realized that I may also want to post it here. Was just wondering if there would be people around Philadelphia that would be up for some sort of meet-up type event. It could be whatever ya'll would be interested in--take a day or night sometime and just shoot the bull or whatnot.

Just thought I would float the idea and see who would be interested and what you would like to do, if anything.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
You can put me down Alex.. We tried this last year though not sure what and if it happened... I will be more than willing to go... Maybe some time in May or something........:wink:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, it looks like a decent number of people are up for the idea...the next question is what would you all like to do? I figured that some Saturday would most likely be convenient for people (correct me if I am wrong). WE could try and reserve a spot in Fairmount Park somewhere---or pick an establishment to eat at, or picnic, or whatever. Post what you would like to have the gathering look like. I am interested in your opinions.

Thanks. :cool2:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
We should throw some ideas around. I think it would be wiser to wait till early May at the least the weather is still to up and down. I guess it has to be a spot that can accomodate at least 9 or ten people... That will be the hard part though..We can get to a spot and think we are set and it already be a group of people there... I am open to sugesstions... Saturday or Sunday will be fine...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There is a spot on Kelly Drive where carp events are held anually. It has a big parking lot and can accommodate 20 fisherman.
That sounds good---Kelly Drive would be a nice spot and ample parking is a good thing. If you send me the details, I can see if there is any way to reserve the spot.

I agree that we should wait till at least May. May have to work around potential regatta events on Kelly

·
Banned
10,335 Posts
May have to work around potential regatta events on Kelly

I forgot about the crap they call rowing down there. May would not be a good choice if you wanna fish that area. Boat races every weekend! They close off Kelly Drive on most saturdays.

There is a park in Conshocken that has comparable parking space and bank space.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I forgot about the crap they call rowing down there. May would not be a good choice if you wanna fish that area. Boat races every weekend! They close off Kelly Drive on most saturdays.

There is a park in Conshocken that has comparable parking space and bank space.
Its a pain in the rear Blacky I agree 110% :angry: ... They have the river on lock down.... They already started "training"......Not trying to offend and of the Rowers or the fans... but they pretty much do have everything on lock down...seems like they couldnt care a hoot who is fishing if they running over your line...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.