Intercoastal waterway

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Duane, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Duane

Duane New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Found a couple of nice cats yesterday including a 20 lb blue he came home for dinner .Ive still got 6 days of vacation left so im try to tke them over the next two weeks

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Sounds like you had a good day Duane,
    Too cold up here for me to venture out much lately. Hopefully it will warm back up soon. WTG on the nice bluecat!

3. Duane

Duane New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Found this puppy and some oths man it was cold

Attached Files:

4. scout

scout Active Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Very nice catch Duane. I was going to go but it was just too cold for me lol. Let me know if you would like to make a trip together sometime. Have a Merry Christmas.

5. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Oh boy, what a pair. Duane and Randall on the same water at the same time. Ain't no fish safe in Louisiana when that happens. :D

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Nice mess of cats. Have you eat them yet? ;)

7. Duane

Duane New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Randall we should go together since were only a couple of miles apart ,it would be a crime not too . Yea it was a little cold but were going out again tomorrow im converting my Dr. friend from salt water to catfishing slowly he"s coming around .Bobpaul be missing ya how the boat repair business thanks for all your help .Without your knowlege some of us would still be wishing instead of fishing.Hey topsgt . ate some last knight with garlic butter and blackening sauce plus some grilled shrimp .

8. scout

scout Active Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Lol Bob, I wish that was true :rolleyes: . Good luck to you tomorrow Duane. I have been trying to plan a trip for a friend who has been wanting to go fishing, but with the weather and work it has been hard to do. We may try and make a afternoon trip Friday or go Sat. if the weather warms up a bit. PM or e-mail me your phone number.

9. Duane

Duane New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    nice little catch from today

Attached Files:

10. mullyden

mullyden Member

State:
    Baton Rouge , L
    Nice bunch of fish Duane. Are you fishing in the same area that the Scout fishes (intercoastal city??) The Mississippi is still very low. Hope I can get back on it sometime this weekend.

11. Duane

Duane New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Naah ,Randalls about 40 miles down the coast from me he knows where I fish and Ive been fishing where he's at but never fished together .Been a good year .Hope next years as good .There is an article in Louisiana sportsman about a hunter who shot a deer and it crosses a canal he didnt feel like swimming it so he went back to truck to get a rod and reel tied an arrow to the rod shot the deer and pulled him across the canal honest its in the louisiana sportsman this month unbelivable ..... you say.... he had only 8 lb test ,120 pound deer id like to meet this guy.See what he could do with a big catfish that got to be a ifga record !!!!!!!!!!!!

12. scout

scout Active Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Catching a deer on rod-n-reel lol :rolleyes: . Hey Denny how have you been? Hey Duane I am going to make a fishing trip tomorrow and bring a old friend who has been after me to take him. I will be bringing my boat with me to work in Intracostal tomorrow and will leave about 10 am if nothing comes up. I will call you and see if we can set up a trip sometime in the near future.

13. mullyden

mullyden Member

State:
    Baton Rouge , L
    Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas. I'm surprise a gator didn't eat the deer as it was being dragged across. I'll say one thing, there are some resourceful folks in this world. I went speck fishing for the first time last weekend and saw my first cajun anchor. Who'd thunk it??
    Take care and have a great new year.

14. Duane

Duane New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Thanks Denny hoping to go out this Friday ,gonna take my rifle with me maybe get some squirrel hunting in while im fishing the intercoastal.Man come to think of it I got it made !! Hey Randal you make it back in with your catch last week ? Anybody use the program Google Earth ,man you can get some great pictures of where you fish .I can find all the canals I fish plus map out where I caught each trip

15. scout

scout Active Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Yes Duane we made it back ok but with not much to show for it. We had 2 cats and 3 dozen large crabs. I was wanting to set up a trip with you sometime this week but we have a broke helicopter in Lafayette that I will be busy on for the next few days. I hope to have it done by this weekend so I can go fish. I have Monday off also. Are you off this weekend and Monday? If I finish up in time at work maybe we can make a trip. Talk to you later.

16. Duane

Duane New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Scout cant go out monday unfortunatly I caught a cold at the worst time spent most of my time off inside go figure Murphys Law .Thanks fo asking maybe next weekend .Happy New years

17. scout

scout Active Member

State:
    Louisiana
    No problem Duane. If I still go I will post a report. Get well soon and have a Happy New Year.

18. Duane

Duane New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hey Randall did you go out Monday if so how did you do ? I was hoping to go out this weekend but my brother called in a favor .When is your next weekend clear ?