Inter City Bait Shop story

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by dcastle, Jul 22, 2007.

1. dcastle

dcastle New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm sure a few of you older guys in Kansas City have been to the Intercity bait shop back when it was in its prime. It has recently reopened and I did a story for my column a couple of weeks ago about my first visit there as a boy 50 years ago. Here is the link in case some of you want to read it.
    http://www.northeastnews.net/castle/fishing.html

2. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Thanks Dale, Thats a very well written piece. There is just something about those old bait shops thats just cool.

3. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Great story I have never been there but heard about it from lots of people as I was growing up wish the new owners the best nice to see small stores with history still around.

4. catman73

catman73 New Member

State:
    Lawrence Kansas
    Thats a great story. I have never been there and actually never heard of it, but I do remember when I was a kid going to the baitshop with my grandad. The story brought back some great memories. I remember going to the baitshop and having to wait while my grandad shot the bull with the other "Ol Timers", used to be really aggrivating at the age of 8 or 9. But now that I am older I would give anything to have him back to shoot the bull with and have him meet my son that is getting all of what I learned from him passed on down.

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Been there many a time. I've been in Independence for the last 55 yrs. Thanks!!