Intake fuel leak

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Scaley Cat, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hi guys, I have a 1991 Evinrude 70hp vro that is leaking fuel around some of the bolts that secure the intake to the block. This motor was rebuilt by the dealer I bought it from in 06. From that time until now, it hasn't ran quite as good as before the rebuild. I found a bunch of fuel leaks in the lines leading to the carbs and fixed those and it has improved the performance some so I suspect the intake leak should improve it even more when I fix it. What I need to know I guess is should there be some sort of thread sealant on the bolts and should there be a gasket between the block and the reeds and also between the reeds and the intake? There's no leaks at the mating surfaces only around four of the bolts. Thanks

2. Shad gut

Shad gut New Member

State:
    illinois
    scaley cat i have a buddy thats a outboard mechanic. I will ask him and let you know. Will be mid week before i see him.:confused2:

3. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    This is where the leaks are happening. I hope this helps.

Attached Files:

4. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks shad gut. I havent tore into this thing yet. Just trying to get my ducks in a row.

5. Shad gut

Shad gut New Member

State:
    illinois
    Yes it does. will find out for you.

6. Shad gut

Shad gut New Member

State:
    illinois
    What dealer rebuilt the motor?

7. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
  8. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    Cope Marine

9. Shad gut

Shad gut New Member

State:
    illinois
    I know them. Will let you know as soon as i find out.

10. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    you're not gonna believe this but I found another leak. This time its the bolts around the crankcase. Im surprised this thing starts let alone runs as well as it does. I can fix the intake problem thats just a matter of changing gaskets. But the crankcase has know gasket, any suggestions?