Instructions: Open mouth and insert foot

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Denver International Airport was reputed to be an "all-weather" facility that would operate seamlessly in a blizzard, but when it failed during the January snowstorms (closed for 45 hours), an embarrassed airport spokesman, Chuck Cannon, admitted he'd like "to choke the person who came up with (the 'all-weather') term." The Associated Press then discovered a 1992 interview with Chuck Cannon, bragging to reporters about his new "all-weather" airport. [Rocky Mountain News, 12-28-06]

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Seems like he wasn't willing to admit the person was himself.I'd say rather embarrassing!:lol:

3. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Be careful what you say...Eastwood would say " mans got to know his limitations "

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I swear it wasn't me! LOL! Direct all further comments to my lawyer. LOL!

5. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    :big_smile: :lol: HAHAHAHAHA I remember this one well because I lived in Colo during all the DIA planning and building stages.Now ask yourself this question as we did then .ALL WEATHER,Hmmmmmmmm.You can make the tower AW,you can make the terminal AW,you can make the parking garage AW ,but how in the HELL do you make the runways all weather?Last time I looked the planes still had to land outside and a good blizzard can easily stay ahead of what ever clearing operations you can do.Besides its hard to land planes in Zero vis,four feet of snow and or ice on the runway and a 70 MPH crosswind.Actualy you can land the planes easily, SURVIVING the landing is slightly more difficult and getting the planes to fly again after they are broken down into kit form is the hardest of all.:lol: :big_smile: Notice the guy that said it is an AIRPORT SPOKESMAN,not an airline pilot.:tounge_out: :big_smile: :wink: :lol: :eek:oooh:

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    When the Yoke falls on us we want to forget the chicken that the yoke came from. Thanks for sharing.:embarassed: :embarassed: