Instant Messenger

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    ok, i have this logitech web cam that i can use for instant messaging. recently yahoo IM has allowed phone calls thru the IM. the clarity seems to be good and i think i like it. however, you must have a microphone and/or web cam to use it. i don't have a lot of folks on IM, and only a couple use this phone feature.

anyone else using it, and do you like it?

i see no reason it can't stand in for a real phone, with the main drawback is your PC has to stay on 24/7...a lot of them already do.

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have the logitech as well, does a great job cam wise.. but the mic can be faded sometimes.:sad2:

3. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Aaron, i haven't had any complaints on the mic fading...and talking to someone that you can hear thru your PC speakers is a great help to someone that is hard of hearing, like i am.

4. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    HUH????:smile2::tounge_out::wink: Were still trying to master GPS:eek:oooh::wink::tounge_out: & graphs:beat_brick: let alone fancy-web stuff:wink: LOL

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

No webcam no microphone! You wanna talk to me, use IMing, or I might call ya. This is ALREADY too technical and fast for ME. Be better to deliver a message by horse and buggy. :big_smile:

Words, even typed ones, say a whole lot imo. Can't judge EVERYTHING on it, but if you're a smart cookie you eventually figure it out. :smile2:

6. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Mrs. uses it all the time to talk to her sister in AZ. Hers is thru a hotmail account. It works real good.:cool2:

7. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I have used Skype, Yahoo, MSN and various other platforms. All are about the same. It really has a lot to do with the equipment and the speed of your connection. My brother uses his all the time to talk to his son in Germany and he is in Texas.

I have heard that the cheaper models have issues and if you use them alot you end up buying a better model. If you have a desktop and cable connection then the 24/7 is not that big of an issue. Its actually better to keep a machine on then turn it off and on.