Instant Bait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by texas_slab, Jun 23, 2008.

1. texas_slab

texas_slab New Member

State:
    TEXAS
  2. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Let us know if it worked for you.

Jaime

3. BoxxerBoyDrew

BoxxerBoyDrew New Member

State:
    Woodway, Texas
    Andrew and I used the instant Catfish bait that Academy sells while we were at Marble Falls this Spring, and it worked pretty good!!! Mixed easily, DID NOT have a STRONG SMELL, and stayed on the hook EXTREMELY WELL!!!:big_smile: It was kind of tough after mixed well, and went on the hook like a wad of bubble gum! It caught more cats than Liver, Sonny's, BJ's, Berkley Power Liver Dough Balls, Night Crawlers, and cut perch!!!!!:crazy::crazy::crazy:

We fished from the bank, and did pretty good fish count wise, but they were all just cooking size.

MY BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH IT IS that it only stays good for 8+ hours before it starts to loose it's consistency and became softer and softer!! By day 2 of being mixed together it wasn't fit for fishing!! It had a BAD SMELL, and NO fish would hit it, and it became too soft to stay on the hook to cast any distance!

So if I was going on a Channel Cat trip to catch some good eating size cats, and would be able to use it up in the trip, I would buy it again as I haven't seen ANYONE using it around my fishing holes! But if you are buying it to try out and thinking it will last a while to try over a few days, IT WON'T!!!! It will be a waste of $6!! Because you can get a few packs of your regular bait for the cost of the 1 day bait!!!:eek:oooh::wink:

4. texas_slab

texas_slab New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    thanks boxer boy, well i will be fishing lake lbj so i hope that i have the same luck that you did. Ill be sure to get another pakage for day 2, man a bunch of pan size cats would do me fine:big_smile: