Installing fish finder

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by L.A.Katracker, Jun 20, 2007.

1. L.A.Katracker

L.A.Katracker New Member

State:
    Lower Alabama
    I ordered a 797 ci humminbird side imaging fish finder which should be here tommorrow. My question is I have no clue how to install this. I assume it comes with instructions but I have never installed one so I'm thinking A local marine buisness that sells boats and works on them might install it for me. But they are very expensive. My boat is a 2007 15' rhino blue gill . If anyone has installed their on and it wasn't to hard maybe I could to. But for 1100.00 I think maybe I should have a pro install it. Where I bought my boat (Hartsfield Ala.) is 3 hours away and I don't really want to drive that far. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Melissa

2. L.A.Katracker

L.A.Katracker New Member

State:
    Lower Alabama
    I had the owner of Lee Boats in Molino, Florida to install it. Went catfishing Fri afternoon untill Sun. afternoon. This fishfinder is very nice. It does just what it says. It shows you everything. I found my old fish trap I had lost. The advice I was given was to keep it inside when I'm not fishing. (It comes off easy) and when i'ts not on the base keep the base dry. I keep a small plastic bag over mine to keep out the rain. Melissa