Installing double seats

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by Majesticman, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Majesticman

Majesticman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have a G3 john and want to install double seats on the front deck. I have the pedestal mounts but I am looking for a good way to secure them since I can't access underneath it. I don't want to weld them or just screw them down.

Me and my buddy are big guys and don't want to end up in the floor of the boat but I sure don't want him falling.

Please help.

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois

3. Majesticman

Majesticman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ol man.......That is what I need. The problem though is where to by them 50 at a time? Called around for 2 hours and everyone wants to sell me 1000.

4. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    I think this might help and then again I might be way off base...
    In your address bar type in...
    www.mcmastercarr.com
    scroll down to "Fastening & Sealing"
    in the items list find "Nuts" and click on it
    go down to the second line in Blue and click on "Nut Inserts, Rivet Nuts & Rivet Type Studs"
    They look about the same to me, and their description of what they do seems to be about the same... If you need someone to buy them for you I can help you there also. Let me know if they will work, good luck.

5. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    I used drywall anchors to mount my trolling motor on my flat bottom. They work good for those places you can't get to the back side. the only downfall is you have to drill an oversized hole and use a flat washer to cover it. Don't know if they would be strong enough to hold pedestal seats.

6. Majesticman

Majesticman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    BEEHECK You da man. Thanks for the link.

That is exactly what I need guys. I can cut the hole for the pedestal and slip a piece of strip aluminum on the four sides though the hole to beef it up then drill and install the rivets. I was really wanting something thicker and this will do it.

You guys are a lot of help. I am in business now. Thanks! :thumbsup: