Insect repellent

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mi11er, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I don't know where to post this so I put it here. I was teal hunting this morning and tried some different stuff for mosquitoes. It is called Ultrathon insect repellent by 3M. I was moquitoe free the whole morning, which for any of you who has been in a marsh before dark knows is almost impossible. I normally don't post something like this but it amazed me

2. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    and just where did you find this amazing stuff.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks,Jess. Nice to know theres new products out there,DEET don't seem to work here any more.

4. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I've used DEET for a long time too ( You know that stuff can't be good for you:eek:oooh:) This stuff is a cream, doesn't smell too bad and does not burn. You ought to give it a try

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
  6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Get a Thermacell and never look back to messy sprays, creams, etc.
    BB in SC

7. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Jess,

I've been using the cream for a few years. One big advantage over sprays is that you can spread it on your face, the back of your neck, etc, without getting it in your eyes. Another advantage is that the cream lasts longer. But I still use the spray for clothing, legs, etc.

If you look around you might find this stuff as military surplus in green / olive tubes. It's the same thing, made by 3M and 31% DEET, I was getting it for $1 per tube at the bait shop near Lake Jacomo a couple of years ago.

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Even in Calif. when mountain quail hunting I used deet for ticks, but on my clothes, boots and hat. I never used it on my skin. Here I get them pesky gnats that get in your face, I just spray my hat bill and they leave me alone.