Input on Lakes Area

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ohio hilljack, Oct 23, 2008.

1. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    GUYS IT SEEMS LIKE MAYBE WE ARE NOT PUTTING IN OR GETTING THE INPUT ON THIS SITE AS THE OTHER TWO. SO WE HAVE TO ASK OURSELVES ARE THERE MORE PEOPLE FISHING RIVERS AND UNINTERESTED IN FISHING LAKES OR THE LAKE FISHERMEN JUST LESS INTERESTED IN SHARING TIPS AND INFO TO HELP ALL OF OUR BROTHERS CATCH MORE FISH. I DON'T CONSIDER MYSELF A LAKE FISHERMAN THIS IS ONLY THE SECOND YEAR I HAVE EVER FISHED IN LAKES AT ALL. MOST OF WHAT I HAVE LEARNED ABOUT LAKE FISHING I HAVE LEARNED ON SITES OTHER THAN THE OHIO LAKE SITE. THIS DISTURBS ME BECAUSE I KNOW THERE ARE A LOT OF OHIO PEOPLE FISHING IN THE LAKES. WHEN I POST A FISHING REPORT I'M TRYING TO INCLUDE ALL THE INFO I HAVE GATHERED ON EACH TRIP TO HELP ALL WHO READ IT EITHER CATCH MORE FISH OR AVOID THE PITFALLS I HAVE ENCOUNTERED.GOOD INFO ON OUR SITES WILL HELP US ALL BECOME BETTER FISHERMEN. I KNOW THE SITE IS NOT JUST ABOUT BEING GOOD FISHERMEN BUT I KNOW A LOT OF THE NEWER PEOPLE LIKE ME, WILL SHOW MORE INTEREST IF THAT INFO EXISTS. I KNOW IT IS COMING SO I REPEAT PLEASE DON'T BERATE ME ,I KNOW THIS SITE IS NOT ALL ABOUT CATCHING FISH. I ENJOY ALL THE JOKING AND HORSING AROUND , I APPRECIATE THE FRIENDSHIPS GARNERED HERE ABOVE ALL ELSE. BUT, LETS IMPROVE OUR GAME . GIVE INPUT ,LETS TELL EACH OTHER WHAT IS GOING ON , AND FIGURE OUT HOW TO CATCH MORE FISH OR BIGGER FISH . I'M TELLING YOU OUR KIDS ARE GOING TO GO FISHING AND ENJOY IT A LOT MORE IF THEY CATCH FISH WHEN THEY GO. THIS WITH THE TEACHING OF GOOD CPR HABITS WILL HELP US ALL.

2. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Willie, do us all a favor and stop using all caps. Makes your posts very hard to read and sometimes people take it as yelling...sort of. Thanks

3. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    Not a very good typer, just makes it easier. Wouldn't think of yelling.

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Willie if your having trouble reading what you type you could always change the font size or bold it. I dont know how old you are but there are a few peeps that do that.

5. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    but just when we want to be able to read it Gary ....:cool2:

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thank god Willie stoped using those caps!!!!

Now my friend I will enjoy your post more:wink:

As far as lakes go, I cant fish them...tried many times but I suck at lake fishing, maybe because I am bound to the bank!

7. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Willie, I have no input for catfishing lakes. When i do try to fish for cats in a lake i catch very few and no size to the ones i do catch. That's why i hit the rivers. The only time i do fish a lake it is mainly for some crappie or bait to take to the river.

8. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I'll try to make more lake reports, just figured no one was interested in hearing about my few small fish.

9. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    willie i sent you a pm on all you need to know about fishing lakes hope it helps

10. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    That must have been one very long PM. :wink:

11. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    no not really its very simple

12. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    i think that river cats have a higher metabolism,and are more aggressive, they search for food and feed more than lake fish,and they are stronger and get bigger on average then lake fish,but some lakes are different,some have current and others don't, i think that lakes with a good feeder creek or creeks would be better fishing than those that don't, now i would think that if a fisherman got the times on when they open the gates at the dam, that would give them an advantage on where and how to fish certain areas,of course a little rain always helps to get that water moving. its my opinion that there are not many difference's between the two, it just calls for different tactics.

13. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    See I knew we could get people talking about lakes. No caps is hard, I keep having to go back and put them in.We HILLJACKS is lazy that way..Brother where are you , still alive over there?

14. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN

I'm here brother!! Been busy as all get out over here. This is an interesting post, but it is also very accurate. I wonder if lake fisherman are scared to lose their honey holes. After all the rivers are constantly changing with depth and structure, but the lakes primarily stay the same.

For the record, all caps don't bother me:smile2:

Everything is still looking good for redeployment. I should be home the day before or of Thanksgiving. Of course that don't mean I will be "HOME" but stateside. We will see how it works out.

Good luck fishing tonight

15. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Caps don't bother me either, makes the words bigger for old eyes. Good luck Shane on being home for turkey day,God speed.

16. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    ok sorry I went to two lakes and two ponds over the last two months. i went over the Eastwood lake Fish near the front side of the lake using liver on the bottom caught two channels largest 3 lbs, two yellow bulllhead largest 1lb and two carp largest three pounds. Huffman dam The retainer lake their 3 channel cats largest two pounds, 2 yellow bullhead and two carp near the channel with the mad river. the pond over by hospice on wilmington ave two channels nothing big, one carp and two turtles. I used liver there as well. also the pond over bye Lincoln park caught two channels and two carp on liver. rick

17. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    when i fish any lake, 1.. i always, always have a map..2..if its a lake i don't fish much or not at all, i will go to the local bait stores or Internet for info, 3...go to have fun and relax.... my routine isn't much different then fishin the river:wink::smile2:

18. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I would agree with the routine change. I like to fish lakes, now that my brother, Ohio HillJack, has exposed me to them. Its a difficult thing to learn. Lakes make it nice to take the family out. There is not near as much work involved!

Biggest lesson I have learned is to me extremely mobile. The fish are there and they will be grouped together. Once you find them, you will typically catch several.

Good luck to all, hope to see you on the water soon.

19. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    i fish lakes at times I am a confirmed river fisherman I found the variety of fish on the great miami to be good. one day I used nightcrawlers and caught a channel cat and saugeye in the same area of the low dam I fish. God is the best aquatic developer look at river. he definitely knows how he blessed all us catfisherman rick