Input on BOC cell phone application

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by alpal16, Jun 30, 2009.

1. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA
    Hey guys.

I am in the process of trying to develop a BOC application for a cell phone and am looking for some input as to what to focus on. I am just in the design phase of the project and am interested in, first, would you use an application for accessing the BOC on a cell phone and, second, what would be the top 3 things you would like to see in a cell phone application? For instance, what would be the most important things for you to use a cell phone for accessing the BOC....PM'ing, User control panel, posting photos, chat room, ect.?

Any input you could provide would be greatly appreciated. I am not sure if I am going to be able to do this, but I am going to be giving it a try and I wanted to focus on the most important things to the users before I go off half-cocked.

Thanks a lot.

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Al,I aint got a clue where you're coming from,But if it works for some ,great idea,I personally dont and never will use a cell for anything online.

4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Rich, it will be the future...

Net-books and IPhones....

5. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    I access BOC on my Samsung Instinct all the time.. Works pretty good for me as long as I have decent signal strength! :cool2:

6. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA
    Hey Kyle--what areas of the BOC do you check on your phone? Do you PM?

7. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I use my iPhone to view the BOC pretty frequently. I've found for the most part the current site works fairly well.

The issues:
    -iPhones will not handle any flash
    -The photo viewer does not work (loads photo viewer to center of screen, touch the screen to scroll down and the viewer closes)
    -cannot upload photos from phone
    -any video must be in whichever format youtube uses

I'd definetly use the app if one was developed.

8. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    AAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH

...W

9. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I use my blackberry to post. like to be able to post pictures, and see videos. also the user CP would be cool. oh.... PM's..... Yes, PM's.:wink:

10. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I access the site daily on my smart phone. The only thing I would like to do is be able to chat. Everything else is good on my end.

11. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I don't even text on mine cause of the charge but I know some do everything with there phone so good luck