Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like Circles and after reading the entire Circle hook thread I have decided to ask this:

Inline Circles vs Offset Circles.

Why one or the other?

I have used the Eagle Claw Lazer Sharp 5/0 - 10/0 circles depending on bait size and have had outstanding results. I would say over 75% of the time we hook up.

· Registered
5,830 Posts
definantly the off set.i could'nt stand circle hooks til' i ordered some from catfish nation,i have a 100% hook up so far.only about 25 fish though since i've been using them.with inline,my hook up was way less than 50%.

· Premium Member
6,884 Posts
Once you transition to offset, you are starting defeat the major selling point of circle hooks, which is reduced mortality rates.

I have some circles, and use them, but so far the sickle hook has worked like a ninja using one of those fancy grappling claws!

Awww..... :E3:

· Registered
188 Posts
For catching eaters on jugs or lines I go immediately to offset barbed circles. They will catch without you setting the hook.

For big fish that I plan to release then I wouldn't use anything but inline barbless or at least mash the barb down. The hook design will hold him if you don't give him any slack and you can release with minimal damage.

· Registered
6,607 Posts
Get em thrue Bass Pro yall will luve em biggest size right now is 6/0. I wish they would make em in 10/0. Even with the 6/0 I hang evey fish that ever bit em in the top jaw or corner of the mouth good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.