Inks, Buchanan, Brownwood

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by pincheweddo, Mar 30, 2006.

1. pincheweddo

pincheweddo New Member

State:
    Texas
    Weekend of the 25th of March

Wife and I were bank fishing for Cats with stink bait, chumming with range cubes and here are our results....

Inks: no activity Friday and Saturday night. No one that we saw pulled anything out.

Buchanan: Saturday morning we went to Highpoint. The crappie dock was full of folks but no fish biting. One couple there fishes this dock regularly for cats and was up all night and caught 2 gaspers. We fished further up from Highpoint and had one bite. Watch a fella check his 3 trout lines and he brought nothing in.

Brownwood: Drove to Lake Brownwood for the heck of it and went to the fishing peir at the state park. A father and son had been to Phantom and Ivie and had no luck untill they got to the pier at Brownwood. They fished all night and nothing bit until the morning. They had several crappie, a nice 4 to 5 pound bass and a couple of channels. Of course they stopped hitting about the time that we walked up.:sad:

High point of the weekend was seeing a Eagle at Lano haul in an 18" cat to its nest. I think he did it just to mock us.

Pinche

2. bluesbro

bluesbro New Member

State:
    tex
    Bank fishing is good at times at Lake Ivie in the Pagett park. I understand that one of the best bank fishing area in the state is off the 190 bridge at Lake Livingston and Lake Texoma is good. Years ago I used to catch channels at night near the dam at Lake Brownwood. I used chicken livers under a cork.

3. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    tell me some info on highpoint crappie dock. is it a regular crappie house type setup with submerged green lights, public, etc. i love fishin crappie houses.

4. pincheweddo

pincheweddo New Member

State:
    Texas
    I don't know much about the crappies so I didn't really understand what they were doing at Highpoint. The local folks told us to go there and you have to pay $5.00 to fish. They let us go down and check it out (Really nice folks) and they basically had and enclosed metal barn floating in the lake with a dock running on the out side to an open dock with a roof on it.

We step inside the "barn" for a second and it remided us of an ice house for ice fishing. That is about all I can tell you.

5. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    I think there is some confusion on the name Highpoint. There is a RV park on the North west Side of Lake Buchanan Named Highline Lake Resort it has a covered fishing dock. This is free to occupants of the RV park. The fee for others is $5 day. It is open from 6 to 6. I fish there quite a bit and really like it. This may not be the best time right now. It is about time for the crappie to Spawn.For information go to http://www.highlandlakes.com/ Scroll down the left side and click on RV Parks then click on Hi-Line Lake Resort. There is another Fishing dock nearby at Paridise Point Subdivision. I have never fished that one. Conditions change from day to day. Friends caught 58 catfish Yesterday ( Friday) on jug lines using fresh cut shad just west of Hi-line. Wish I had been with them I have been down at Choke Canyon watching the wind flags stand straight out for the last five days. I am having seveir fishing withdrawall. Like flying it is better to be here wishing you were out there than out there wishing you were here.