Injecting shad????

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by seaark ryan, May 12, 2008.

1. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Has anybody tried injecting shad with anise oil? I know that it works well when mixed into blood! Just wondered how it would work in a chunk of cut shad? Also has anyone used other types of oil like shellfish oil,fish oil #1 or minhaden oil (i'm sure I butched up the spelling on that one!) Thanks for the help.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Have not tried anything like that although the idea has occured to me. I just wonder if that would defeat the natural scent of the bait.

3. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    I've never injected it into the bait before. I have used the Dead Red Blood spray by Team Catfish. I'm not sure exactly what's in it, but it creates one heck of a oil slick on the water. I've had good sucess spraying it on cut bait, punch bait and dip bait. I bet it would be very effective if you injected it into the bait.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The thought of adding to a local all natural forage fish used as bait has never occured to me ,If I was fishing in a place that shad weren't present ,then I might be tempted . Providing the bite was off. Otherwise my thoughts are ,if it aint broke. dont fix it.

5. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    The way I put it is you have to try everything once.