Injectable marinades

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by 223reload, Jan 27, 2008.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Ok,I'm wanting some input here,I have used the cajun injector and I was thinking of making my own for personal use ,I have been searching for suitable recipes to play with and have found very few . Anybody make thier own? I am open to all suggestions ,just being a titewad I thought it would save my a few$ to make it on a as needed basis.If yall got any ideas ,lets here em.

2. gonecatn

gonecatn New Member

State:
    arizona
    I like simple:

Butter
    creole seasoning

Doesn't clog up the marinator either!

Juicy - Salty - Spicey.......OOOOOhhh Doggy Hand me one of them cold ones!

3. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I was hopen someone would let go of some info.LOL

4. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I guess it would help to know what you are planning on injecting.

I use my marinade injector quite a bit and here is one I use for poultry

3 tablespoons melted butter
    1/3 cup maple syrup
    2/3 cup chicken stock
    3 tablespoons lemon juice
    1 tablespoon garlic power
    2 teaspoons onion powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon finely ground black pepper

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I most likley will be injectin yard bird ,maybe a venison roast or pork loin. I made up some once ,but the spices clogged the dang needle lol

6. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I can think of all kinds of possibilities.

Think some soy, some, whatsthisheresauce, ground sesame seeds, onion powder, garlic powder, and dr. pepper would be good

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya i do it too. bepends on the meat. for pork sweet is good. one i got from a buddie was orange juice maple syrup and sweet brown sugar rub. also terricaki how ever ya spell that word or soy is good with pork.

as always garlic powder. i love lots of garlic. i usually like a sweet hot with pork. beef i usually use broth and rubs. like to take the meat flavor that drips out and inject it right back in.

poultry i usually add a rub and as the bird cooks i baste with butter and inject those juices back in too.

8. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I used to have problems with plugging the needle a lot too. Now I mostly prepare my marinades a while in advance and cook the marinade first. I take a mesh cooking sack (not sure what they call them anymore) and stick my fresh herbs inside the sack (you know the big herbs) like rosemary, thyme, basil, lemongrass, etc or whatever I am using. If you don't have the herb sacks, take a metal strainer with fine mesh and place the herbs in there and put broth or apple juice or whatever liquid you are using in so that the herbs are floating, but can't get out of the strainer. All the flavor will boil into the water or juice and you can toss away all the herb stalks so they don't plug your injector. It also helps make sure your honey and brown sugar or whatever else you are using is fully dissolved.

9. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    :smile2:

Thats the best way I have ever heard that word said,lol. It seems everyone pronounces it different. I hate to ask for it at a resturant cause I dont want to sound stupid.

10. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    One of my favorite injectables for chicken is hot sauce. I like the Victoria hot sauce; either the mild, if wimps are going to be eating it, or the hot version for real people.

I 'inject' a pork loin or pork roast, but I don't use a needle to do it! First get some garlic cloves and green onions. Remove the trashy parts. Cut large cloves in half. Using a narrow bladed knife, stab the roast. Insert a garlic clove and push it down with a green onion. Cut the onion off even with the surface of the roast. Repeat the process till the roast is polka-dotted all over, spaced about 2"-3" apart.

11. iceman

iceman New Member

State:
    Walterboro S.C
    i have found that if you mix up your marinade and let it sit so that the flavors mix good you can pour it thru some cheese cloth and that will keep the pieces that clog the needle from getting in there. i use all kinds of things to marinade with. apple juice, wine, fruit juices, sauces, sodas, vinager. it all depends on the flavor you are looking for. you can also add seasonings to the liquid like greek seasoning, hickory flavoring,basil, cloves,gravy mix. well, you get the picture. HOPE THIS HELPS!

GAR:smile2::tounge_out::smile2:

12. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Dang whens supper gonna be ready:big_smile: Couple of these larger fella's sound like the know good vittles. I seldom inject but i do alot of marinating with zesty Italian salad dressin.