Inguinal Hernia Surgery Problems...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Gibbzilla, May 13, 2007.

1. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I doubt anyone here knows much on the subject, but I'm in dire need of some help.

I had severe inguinal hernia surgery about 2 years ago, and I've had hindering pain since then. I had the mesh pad repair, and many models of the mesh have been recalled. I'm uncertain if one of the recalled pads was used on me. I got the pain in my groin area checked around Christmas, but the surgeon said it was probably growing pains or scarred tissue, but at that point I was getting it checked for recurrance, not that my mesh was causing harm. In the past few days, the pain has gotten unbearable, and I still have two weeks of school left, including exams and several projects.

For the past few days, I've had intense pain in the groin area where I had the surgery, and I'm also having lower abdominal pain.

Has anyone here had inguinal hernia surgery, and did you experience these symptoms this long after the operation? I'm just looking for something to put my mind at ease.

2. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

3. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I think I would get to the doc and get another look. 2 years later and you still have pain? Something don't sound right to me.

4. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    ya id get that checked if i were you brother. somethin sounds fishy to me..

5. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    If you've got pain in your abdomen you should get into the doctor ASAP.
    This is especially true if you have a fever. The piece of the mesh patch can come lose and perforate your intestines, which can lead to internal bleeding or infection. It can be serious. Get it checked out.