Infrared Quartz Heaters

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by joesf, Jan 17, 2009.

1. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    I have been looking into purchasing one but there are several to choose from.

Eden Pure
    Confort
    Portable
    Iheater
    Sun Heater

I would like to know if anyone has purchase one or knows someone who has one and what info you may have to help me.

2. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    Supposedly these heaters can cut your heating bill by as much as 50% and only add 1$ to your electic bill. They also claim to produce even healthy heat thoughtout the entire area.

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    If it sounds too good to be true......

4. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Figure the watts and how many hours a day they run, multiply the watts by your local electric cost to figure if they are cheaper than regular heat. Someone was gonna get one, but the salesman started figuring and how many square feet they had to heat and decided they needed 2 of them. Then that doubled the cost of having one to supplement the regular heat. It ended up to be kinda expensive.

5. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    Im kinda surprized that know one has purchased one of these. I guess eveyone just a skeptical as me. lol

6. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
  7. brew1961

brew1961 New Member

State:
    West Virgi
    I've been using them this winter and have saved a ton on natural gas bill. Electric hasn't gone up at all!

8. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    My fishing partner has 2 Eden Pures. They do work IF... your house is well insulated, and you have efficient windows in your house. If your house is not the best insulated and/or your windows are not very good, they won't help you much. On a cold day, put your hand against one of the walls inside your house that is an exterior wall. If you can feel the wall is colder than the room then the eden pure isn't going to help much. If your furnace can not warm the walls the eden pure isn't going to be able to keep the room warm.