Information needed

Discussion in 'LOCAL ALABAMA TALK' started by billNpam, Jun 22, 2007.

1. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    First of all I would like to say thank you all for such a warm welcome to the BOC.
    Now for much needed help. I have read alot on the Web Sight about using different baits. Catching Blue Gills would be the easiest for me at this time as I have never casted a cast net. The question is how to I rig these
    1. Do I rig them whole and alive?
    2. Do I cut them up like cut bait?
    3. I read on one post to take the scales off is this required?
    4. Do I slice them to open up the guts?

I just want to say thank you all in advance. :smile2:

2. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i usually rig mine 1/2 and 1/2... one cut in half on one rod and one rigged live on another. there are tons of ways to rig them live, i think the key is the right size hook for the gill, so that the hook is exposed but does not change the way it swims.
    hope it helps.
    j.d.

3. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    Alive or cut will work!!! Also Cooleys market has a basket that you can buy to let down off the wall to get shad for like $50.00 in a boat you can look on line for a shad scoop that you pull with your boat! Or maybe you me and mike can meet up one day and just get some shad together!!

4. 32Hotel

32Hotel New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I thought here in Alabama, any bream used as bait had to be caught by hook and line. Use of bream caught by net is not allowed. I reckon shad is OK.