Info On smaller Side Imaging Hummingbird 797C2I SI

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by Grimpuppy, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I was looking at the Lowrance LMS-527C. But I notice for about $300 more I can get a Humminbird 797C2I SI side image. Is it worth it to have the side imaging on the smaller unit where you do not have the large screen? I would like to upgrade from my 2 current eagle ultra II finders. They are quite old units. I have one mounted on the console and one on the bow now. I definitely will not be able to afford 2 new units. Should I look at getting a transducer for the trolling motor and one for the transom and moving the new unit back and forth? I spend more time on the big motor on the lake, and more time on the trolling motor in the river and creeks. Thanks for any input.

2. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I've had the 797C2 for a year now and I love it. No, you don't get the widescreen TV effect of the 997, but the side image works great for locating structure and bait.

3. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have the 787c2i and thats the top unit without side imaging, and if I had it to do again....I would spend the extra money and get the side imaging!! Knowing what I know now!:wink:I LOVE my unit, but I wish I had side imaging. Just my 2 cents on the subject!