info on saluda river

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Neal F., Dec 25, 2008.

1. Neal F.

Neal F. New Member

State:
    Gwd SC
    has anybody done any fishing near ths saluda river resort on up to the bridge

2. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    You're talking about Saluda Lakes? Between Silverstreet and Newberry, off of Hwy 121?

3. Neal F.

Neal F. New Member

State:
    Gwd SC
    Its about 3 miles up the river from lake murry,right above the saluda river resort.fished yest. for about 4 hrs not even a bite,fish may not be that far up river yet.

4. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    i live on Murray in leesville.. it needs to get alot colder before the fish get up that far..you can call the saluda river resort and they will gladly give you a fishin report. i don't go up there until feb. or early march. right now it's a dirty mud pit up there. the whole river system is from all the rain we been gettin. not good fishin up there right now. i've been fishin in the main lake and have been tearin them up.have a great new year!!!!

5. Neal F.

Neal F. New Member

State:
    Gwd SC
    thanks tony,are you using herring/trolling or anchored.have not fished murray much just a couple tourneys.

6. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    anchor down in the deepest part of the channel,then cast out cut bait! herring or shad, they can't stand it.happy new year!!!