info on river neer santee

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by fisherman63650, Jul 15, 2008.

1. fisherman63650

fisherman63650 New Member

State:
    missouri
    back in 1996/97 i got out of the mnarines and i went to santee we stayed at harrys fish camp . well me and my dad and brothers are going back Aug 10th i was wandering ther was a river we fished a couple of nights below a spilway i think i cant remember to much except ther was a cable that you couldnt fish past just wanted to know if you can still fish ther and how do we get there (sorry about the spelling) thanks for any info.

2. greenwoodfaithful

greenwoodfaithful New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I think you are talking about the Old Santee river. Just follow the road that is directly behind Harry's Campl and it will lead you to Wilson Landing. It hasn't changed much since you where there last. Water level has been low lately so be careful and good luck.

3. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 Member

State:
    Central, SC
    If you're leavin harry's--take a left out of their driveway and head straight to wilson's landing. Still can't fish above cable but you can still catch some good fish there, but watch for the gar to move in.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Another success story for the BOC