Info on noodling washita in carter or johnson county

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by danielP, Jun 21, 2008.

1. danielP

danielP New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I was wandering if anybody around here has been noodling the washita river lately. We have been hitting lake texoma without much luck. I have never noodled in the river, i would appreciate any pointers anyone could give me on finding holes in the river and what to look for. We have always checked rocks in the lake, I figure the river will be a whole different ball game though.

2. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    Pretty much the same thing in the rivers, unless you like fishing brushpiles. I stay in the rocks myself, too many beavers hangout in them brushpiles. There used to be some good rocks up around Gene Autry north on the river. You could get there by foot, but I haven't hit them in a few years. We've been down on the Red River with little luck. I pulled out a 20 lb flathead last weekend and that is the best I've done all season. Doesn't seem to be many fish in the river this year, and lot of our holes are silted in from lack of rain. Let me know how you do. You grabble out at Texoma or Murray?

3. danielP

danielP New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    we usually go to texoma. going to try a few creeks tomorrow though, hopefully do some good. I live about 7 miles from the red river where it comes into lebanon, never have checked it out though.

4. danielP

danielP New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    got the flathead in the pic. on july 18th noodling. kind of late in the year but i guess they are still in the holes on texoma

5. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Can try around Dougherty.
    Been years since I've been there, but was able to get a couple all the way into October around there.

:004: